14 : 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖳𝗋𝗎𝗍𝗁

Everyone had their eyes on Mr. Jung, who had his hands raised to the air in defense. Y/N still aimed her knife at him, not hesitating to dart it straight through his head at any second.

"I did not do anything." Mr. Jung breathed. "Y/N, I would never put Beomgyu's life on the line."

"Oh yeah?" She scoffed. "After all you've put us through? Wow, you sure know how to lie, don't you?"

"I am telling you the truth, Miss L/N."

"Then of all the cures given to Beomgyu, why did it take him too long to recover?" Taehyun spoke. "Ever since you used that liquid on him, he's been deteriorating. You think we'd buy you that?"

"The liquid did him no harm! Taehyun, we worked in the same spot!"

"Which leads me to wonder why you haven't been engaging with nobody else but me." Taehyun glared. "Admit it, Mr. Jung. You formulated a solution to alter the effects of the cures. You never wanted Beomgyu to heal since you knew their works were effective! Your selfishness and the fact that you left the group to be alone proves everything!"

Loud gasps echoed throughout the laboratory. Mr. Jung clenched his jaw in frustration. Taehyun kept his stern gaze at the man. Y/N, red in fury, gripped on her knife tighter. Dr. Kim stepped forward.

"You said you didn't want to join us.. Because you wanted to teach instead.." He pondered grimly. "Why would you.. Why would you do this..?"

"Don't think you're the good one now, Jin Seok." Mr. Jung spat. "We know damn well that I never wanted to be a part of your cheating scum dump."

"My group," Dr. Kim gritted. "Has pure intentions. Our main goal is to develop a cure to save humanity, Jung."

"Sure."

Mr. Jung picked up a stray rod and whacked the enclosed capsules open. The cylindrical glasses shattered open, allowing green water to burst out and flood the floor. Specimens limped to the shards, all gooey and stinky. Mr. Jung kicked one of them to the side. From all the bunnies, hamsters, and monkeys they tested on, all turned into a rotted, fungi-dwelled creatures. The zombies that they've captured never showed any signs of improvement from their so-called cure. Dr. Kim froze. The young group backed away.

"Tell me," Mr. Jung picked up a rotten bunny and tossed it to his friend. "Was your cure supposed to react this way? Or is the salvation you've been claiming just another bluff for your fame-thirsty gut?"

Dr. Kim stammered. "I.."

"That's impossible." Taehyun insisted. "Why would they-"

"-formulate solutions and give it to Beomgyu when all these results turned out horrible?" Mr. Jung interrupted. "The cure was never their priority, Mr. Kang."

"Liar.." Dr. Kim denied. "You're.. You're weaving lies-"

"For years we've known each other you were nothing but a slob full of jealousy. Why, just because I am this and that and you barely had recognition, you badly wanted to throw me out of the picture."

"Get Beomgyu.." Y/N whispered to Irene and Seulgi who nodded and ran.

"I knew all along, Jin Seok. You and your team. The last proposal you had to the research panel was about an alter system to cures and how to create diseases." Mr. Jung chuckled in disgust. "Who studies that?"