08 : 𝖧𝖺𝗇 𝖲𝖺𝗇𝗀 𝖫𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖨𝗇𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗍𝗎𝗍𝖾

"We're here."

Mr. Jung looked at the sign in front of them. Han Sang Laboratory and Institute. One of the best facilities in their country. Situated near the shore, it looked dull on the outside. Like a cube made out of cement, painted and covered in white. It was surrounded with barbed wires to keep intruders from trespassing. It's blue windows were shattered. Lights were out. It didn't seem like people would find such place safe.

"You sure this is it?" Yeonjun asked the teacher.

"Well, the sign does say it all, doesn't it, Yeonjun?" Mr. Jung smiled.

He led the group inside. A portion of the fence was torn, allowing them to access the place. The front doors were open so there was no need to budge nor knock. Mr. Jung looked around as soon as they got into the interior. Rooms were either locked shut or ajar. Shelves of expired chemicals and solutions scattered in every corner. Puddles of liquid and spots of dry blood were on the floor. Papers laid on the ground as if there was an outburst of confetti. No one was around.

"What if the scientists all died?" Seulgi asked.

"I'm not going back to the school," Hyunjin limped. "Listen, can we just raid a mall instead?"

"Hush.." Soobin furrowed his brows.

Y/N spotted an empty room on the side. She nudged Kai with her free arm and nodded her head towards the door. Kai got the gist and helped her carry Beomgyu as they got in. Nothing but loose floorboards and a desk in front. There was yet another shelf by the window.

"Slowly.." Y/N cooed, placing Beomgyu on the table. "He's still unconscious.."

"Should we just call our teacher?" Kai suggested.

"Where are they?"

"Just outside," he looked out the door and saw Taehyun catching up with the group. "I don't think Beomgyu's going to wake up soon."

THUD!

She and Kai frantically turned to the shelf. One of the few books just fell to the floor and neither of them touched it. They were way too far. Kai tore a plank from the floorboard and slowly approached the shelf. Y/N stood still on her spot to shield Beomgyu from what's about to come.

"Be careful!" She whisper-yelled.

Kai grimaced as he anxiously peeked behind the furniture. A second after, he belted out a high-pitched scream and fell back to the floor.

"Stay put!" A voice warned, followed by a gun being loaded.

"Kai?!" Y/N flinched. "Who's there?!"

Two people stepped out from behind the shelf and glared at them. Irene and Felix. Kai crawled himself backwards to Y/N, mouth locked as he whimpered in fear; Felix was aiming a pistol at him.

"Guys!" Y/N's face softened. She was about to run to them when Felix diverted his gun at her.

"Stop."

"F-Felix.. It's me.. Come on.." She panicked, hands up.

"Wassup?!" Hyunjin appeared on the doorway after hearing Kai's scream.

Felix shifted his gaze to the guy. Hyunjin's eyes went wide. The rest of the group came barging in too. Irene and Felix froze, realizing everyone made it through from the school. Seulgi let out a cry of relief before running towards Irene to embrace her.