10 : 𝖧𝗈𝗉𝖾

Day 47.

"Where's Y/N?" Yeonjun barged into their sleeping quarter.

Everyone turned to him, seated on their beds with breakfast stuffing their cheeks. Soobin chewed casually on his bread before reverting his eyes back to the wall, not caring. Seulgi and Irene continued their chit-chats. Hyunjin busied himself spreading butter on the toast while Felix munched on his bun. Kai burped, earning a laughter from Taehyun.

"I'm talking to you." Yeonjun gritted. "Where the fuck is Y/N?"

"Why do you wanna know?" Soobin lazed. "If you're about to roast her again, we might as well keep our mouths shut."

"Her breakfast is running cold you idiot. Dr. Kim asked me to bring it to her."

"Mhm, sure." Kai chuckled, swallowing his food. "She's in the infirmary."

"No, she's not." Felix interrupted. "I saw her go to the rooftop."

"Rooftop it is." Yeonjun 'tch'ed and threw a paper ball at Kai.

He jogged up to the top floor, trodding the steel staircase that led to a rusty door to the roof. The morning was chilly, despite the fact that it was already 8 AM. Yeonjun roamed his fox eyes and saw Y/N sitting on the edge. She seemed to be in a very deep thought. He silently approached her. He didn't really want to talk, knowing that she would just probably ignore him. Ever since the outbreak, his bond with her just deteriorated and he acknowledges his fault for being such a douche.

"Hey." He greeted.

Y/N turned her head and looked up at him. She then brought her gaze back to the view of an abandoned city. Yeonjun sighed. He took a seat next to her, not too close. He then gave her the cold steamed bun Dr. Kim asked him to serve.

"Breakfast."

"I don't want it."

"Why? You haven't eaten anything since last night."

She pursed her lips, not wanting to speak. Yeonjun hung his head low and placed the wrapped bun on the pavement.

"It's Beomgyu, isn't it?" He mumbled. "You don't have to deny it. Everyone knows. It's pretty obvious."

"What if he's in a coma?" She blurted. "You don't understand.. If everything is going too well, he would have been up for so long.."

"Why can't you trust the scientists?" Yeonjun rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Y/N, you're doubting everything that they do to help him. You should be thankful we didn't have to rely on that stupid teacher alone anymore."

"As long as I see Mr. Jung working with them in the lab, they're not gaining my trust."

"Y/N, for fuck's sake."

"You don't understand," she scoffed. "No one else does."

"Just eat your goddamn breakfast."

"I told you, I don't want it. Why are you forcing me?!"

"Well shit, I wouldn't have to if Dr. Kim hadn't told me so!"

"You can just lie to him, you know that! You never listen to any authority anyways, what's the point?!"

Yeonjun heaved a long, exasperated sigh. Scooting closer, he snatched the bun and kept it back in his jacket. Y/N grimaced, tearing up as she looked at her swinging feet. Without a warning, Yeonjun's arm made its way around her shoulder, pulling her in a half embrace.