13 : 𝖨𝗌 𝖨𝗍 𝖳𝗋𝗎𝖾?

Day 72.

Nine days since Beomgyu finally woke up. The news brought a great deal of delight to his friends, more over to Y/N. Every now and then, they'd pay visit, catch up with him about things, or just make up with those times that they didn't get to spend with him. So much for it, Beomgyu was rather pleased with one thing. And that was he fact that him and Y/N had started dating.

"Ding dong," Y/N peeped on the doorway. "Good morning, I have your breakfast."

Beomgyu was still asleep when she got there. Now that he had woken up, she pledged to take extra care of him until it finally comes to a point where he could stand on his own. Her diligence paid off; Beomgyu seemed to slowly regain his strength.

"Gyu?" She called, stepping in. "Wake up, man. You need to eat. It's almost time for your medication."

"Beomgyu..?"

He remained asleep. Y/N placed the food down the drawer and sat beside him. She gave his shoulder a slight shake, calling his name repeatedly.

"Gyu..? Hey.. Wake up, Gyu.."

Still nothing.

"Beomgyu?!" She began to tear up. "No.. No, no, this isn't happening.. Beomgyu?! Beomgyu!"

"YAHH!"

"GAAAH!"

Y/N fell off her seat as Beomgyu suddenly rose up and roared. The lad howled in laughter, seeing Y/N struggle to get up. Unamused, she raised a hand but didn't hit him. She chewed on her lips in embarrassment instead. Beomgyu calmed down and reached for her arm, pulling her back close to him.

"Scared you?"

"It's not funny.." She told him.

He chuckled and kissed her cheek. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Don't be mad, please?"

"I'm not mad," she combed his fluffy hair down. "I was just worried. I was close to calling Dr. Kim, you know."

Beomgyu pouted. "Sorry."

Y/N exhaled through her nose and reached out for his food. Beomgyu helped himself with his breakfast, his girlfriend assisting with the medicines right after. Fortunately, no one else was around or they might have been the center of ridicule at this point. As much as they wanted to be affectionate 24/7, they had to set limits, knowing that their friends would either scold or tease them. Of course, who would flirt in the midst of an apocalypse?

"By the way," Y/N folded his towels. "I cleaned the top bunk of our bed. When you're ready to move out, you can finally take it."

"So you're at the bottom?" He smirked. "Makes sense."

"Don't even think about it. Seriously, they all have bunk partners. I get to sleep alone."

"You can sleep with me tonight." He moved aside. "There's enough space for two in this bed. See?"

"I bet they'll complain if I do," she shrugged.

"Come on, they're just jealous since they're still single." Beomgyu kissed the back of her hand. "Please?"