Seventeen

A week had gone by and Loki was so open. Beth was a brown haired green eyed beauty. But Loki swears she wasn't as beautiful as me. But the corny things he said made him even sweeter. As I spent time with him I began to notice a change in us both. We were more open. We're more, aware of things. Loki asked me if my feelings with Arthur and Hunter. I did like them, but they seemed to not act upon their feelings. Like they didn't want to hurt me or didn't really think it was worth it.

"You are worth it to me, in fact, I thought about it for a long time, and I think you deserve to see the market I made for you," he said. My eyes got so wide.

"Like an actual shopping place?" I asked. He nodded. He had snapped me in a few things but now we could go to a market. And it was free for him, he owned everything here. It was safe from angels, and gods, I was at peace with him. He wasn't as bad as they said he was. They misjudged him. So many times I seen the sensitive side of him. He said that the week here had been a few minutes back home. It was going good too!

"Okay, I have got to get dressed and see this," I said. I got up from the couch where I had been sitting and ran to my room. I dressed in a red sundress and white slat sandals. I pulled my hair in a loose ponytail. When I stepped outside he looked at me and his eyes widened. He looked amazed or stunned. He was wearing black leather pants and a white T-shirt with a black suede vest.

"You look so beautiful," he said. I thanked him for the compliment and we headed out. We walked a mile up the road and came to a large sign "Loki's market." And the sign also read "to Phoenix."

"You did all of this for me?" I asked him. He nodded and lead me inside. He had what looked like fairies or pixies working with him. There were food markets and clothing markets. Of all kinds. I stopped at the clothing market first. It was so amazing. The lady was elven. She looked mid thirties.

"Hi! You must be Phoenix, I'm sage, how can I help you," she asked. Loki smiled.

"I'm going to pick up some meats, you shop, have a great time I'll meet you in a little bit," he said. I smiled at him. He headed in the other direction. (To my left). He was so kind. I'm not sure why everyone is afraid of him. He didn't seem dangerous to me. Just seemed to be misunderstood. He WAS the god of mischief.

"He's never brought anyone up here, you must mean a great deal to him," sage said. I smiled and picked up a sun dress that was green with yellow flowers. They looked like tiny daisies. It was so cute. The straps were about half an inch wide and it was made in a babydoll style. It was so beautiful.

"So, he never brought Beth up here?"

"No, he always talked about how he loves her but he wasn't ready to share his secrets with her yet, but I assumed he would have, if she had lived, but he's been secluded for years. He comes every few years, or weeks in human times, and visits this place."

"So he comes often then?"

"Oh yes, he does come up here often. We don't always get to see him when he's here, he's to busy trying to protect the humans from himself," she said. From himself?

"So he doesn't play tricks on them anymore?"

"Oh heavens no, he hasn't in a hundred years maybe more, ever since those poor people were killed, the demon had tricked him-"

"I was told about it, I want to help him so much, he's misunderstood by his family," I said giving her the dress. I found a similar one but it was pink and purple. Cute as can be. I picked it up too!

"He is very noble, no one likes his funny pranks, but is fey folk love them, we have a few tricks too, he taught us some Magic's that really helped with the fun up here he loves making people smile," she said. I nodded. She told me to come back in the tent with her. I followed. There were shoes, jewelry, everything.

She loaded me down with jewelry, from Ruby's to beads, and diamonds. The shoes were elegant and classy, I got some flats, they were cream color. And some heels that were pink. To go with my dress. Of course everything here was a dream.

"So, I will see you later, if you should need anyone, let me know, I will be here for weeks to come, I sleep in my tent!"

"Thank you Sage, so much," I said. She gave me a smile and a wave.

I walked back out. It was still sunny out.

There were men, selling men's items, Loki wouldn't get anything for himself. But he wanted me to buy. He wanted me to have fun and get what I wanted. So I got what I wanted for him. I seen a charm, on a leather suede necklace. It had a green emerald in it. You could engrave anything magically inside and it would show up in mid air with the in station.

"Can you write something in this for me?"
I asked the nice elvish man. He had long platinum white hair. He was probably mid thirties.

"Of course My lady, what do you want it to say?"

"When times are dark, light the fire, open your heart, to loves desire, there in the flames, the bird will rise, the wings will burn over fiery skies."

"That is beautiful my lady, should I put who it's from," he asked as he engraved what I had spoken.

"Put from 'Your Spitfire.' And can you wrap it please?"

"Of course my lady," he said smiling. He finished engraving everything in magic. And he also gave me a piece of paper to put in the box. He wrapped it in a elvish leaf and handed it to me.

"Thank you kindly," I said. He welcomed me and thanked me too. I walked away smiling. The sun was starting to set. I began to walk to the entrance.

"Phoenix," I heard him say. He was behind me. He was empty handed. Being a god he may have zapped himself to the cabin to put away the food.

"Loki, hi, I just finished shopping," I said. He joined my side. He grabbed my arm in an old fashioned way, and escorted me back to the cabin.

When we arrived, I walked in slowly, hesitant to give him the gift. What if he didn't like it? What if he thought it was stupid? Or silly? I would never know unless I gave it to him. But when I walked in I seen something that took my breath away.

He had managed to decorate this whole cabin with lace and lights. It was so beautiful. It was like something out of a fairytale. It was unreal. And it was Loki's taste.

"It's so beautiful," I said. He smiled. Out of the kitchen came a man, wearing a chefs apron, and he was elvish.

"I am Tolith, you may call me T for short or whatever you'd like," he said vowing. I looked at Loki.

"Is this, for me?"

"It is, and you don't have to make a decision yet but I have something to ask you," he said. I was scared of where this was going. We had only known each other for a short while.

"Phoenix, will you help me with my grieving?"