Sixteen

"And if I did, you wouldn't do it anyway, no one would want to be a prisoner to love when no love was involved or one sided," he said. I grabbed his arm. It was too late for me at love, it was to late for that. I had been lied to. And he was honest with me. The first one who was honest.

"Loki, if you hurt that much, why not ask me to help you?"

"I was to prideful, I didn't know what Artemis would do if he had seen me. I killed them all because of my choices, and he didn't see any forgiveness in it, he was a favorite cousin, and now, he has so many friends, so many people in his corner and he has you, and he wants you, I can sense it on him, he desires to be with you, he lusts for you, to keep you safe, to be around you, all of it," he said. I grabbed his hand.

"Teleport us somewhere only you know, somewhere safe and calm, somewhere you love," I said. He looked at our hands and back up. He nodded.

In a split second we weren't in the cell anymore. We were in what looked like a lovely garden with a cabin. It was green all around and a creek ran behind the cabin garden. The front was a huge flower garden. All colors. It was beautiful. It was so calm and so far away. It smelled of trees and grass. It smelled of flowers and fresh water. It was wonderful.

"What is this place," I asked looking around in awe. He hadn't let go of my hand yet.

"This is secluded. No Abel can find you, no other creature or god, this is my sanctuary, not in heaven nor on earth. All that you could need is here. I come often when I need to get away, but I haven't been in years," he said. He was wanting me to stay with him. It could help him get through his grief. I could be there for him!

"Do you want me to stay here with you?"

"I wouldn't mind the company but you are free to leave when you'd like," he said. I nodded. I walked over to the flower garden. It was beautiful. This was creature free, war free. And it was the vacation I needed.

"Time stands still here, a year here could be a day on earth, its different, or sometimes a year could be a week or a month, just depends on your preference," he said. I nodded. It would be nice to take off a day on earth. But a year here?

"Can a month here be a week on earth? If I'm gone longer than a week there everyone will think you kidnapped me," I said. He smiled at me. His smile so beautiful. He snapped his finger.

"Done, a month with me and a week of earth time, things stand still there while we are away, time speeds up here," he said. I smiled at him.

"Why did you never tell anyone you were this, nice," I said. He stepped back sarcastically.

"I am not nice, I can be sweet sometimes but nice, never," he laughed. He grabs my hand and pulls me into the cabin. Inside is like a normal cabin, a couch, chair, small fireplace, almost like the one Lucian and I went too. It was homey. I loved it.

"Loki, it's so beautiful in here, can I ask you a personal question," I said and asked. He looked at me.

"No I never brought her up here, we had our own sanctuary, this was something I alone made for me, I only ever have brought you here, and I'm glad I did, you seem to love it here," he said. He snapped his fingers and the fire came on. But no heat. It was warm enough. And then he snapped his finger and there was food on the table. A whole chicken with veggies! I actually love this!

"Loki, you don't have to do this for me," I said. He grinned.

"No I do, because no one appreciates you enough, and I want to be a nicer person or god," he said. He wanted to prove he's not all bad. He wasn't always evil. He doesn't seem evil now. And he was begin to trust me.

"Besides I can't have a beautiful woman such as yourself, starving," he said laughing. I sat at the table. Loki carved the chicken and gave me some off of it.

It was so good. He may not have cooked it himself but it was delicious. And we had red wine. It was delicious as well and so sweet. But now I wanted to explore the gardens. He followed closely behind me. Outside was a small back porch and off from the porch was the vegetable gardens. He allowed me to loose through them. He asked what I wanted him to plant.

"How about, Cabbage, carrots, potatoes, onions, peppers and beans," I said. He snaps his fingers and plants began to form. But he didn't want to make them ripe yet. He said I could tend to the garden if I chose to. I was good with plants so that would be perfect.

"All of this, it's to much, I can't even begin to pay this back to you," I said. He grabbed my arms.

"Everything I give you, is a gift it's not to be re-payed, you can stay as long as you want, and I will not object to it," he said. I smiled at him. He looked down below to the creek.

"So the creek is a perfect seventy five degrees. Not cold and not hot, we can go further and swim, there is a hot spring that is about five foot in depth, with a beautiful cave beneath a waterfall, whenever you want a relaxing swim," he said. It was wonderful here.

"Can I ask you something," I asked. He nods to me.

"I want to know about her," I said. He became sad again.

"Did i overstep?"

"No, I suppose I can tell you a few things, but not the sensual stuff."

"I would love to hear it."

"Okay, well first, let's go inside and see your room," he said.

"I will be sleeping alone?"

"Of course I am a gentleman."

He escorted me inside to a beautiful room. It was small and quaint. There was a full size bed with a wardrobe. It was so lovely. There was a canopy over the bed. Just elegant. He really outdid himself. He began to smile at my expression. He seen the enthusiasm on my face. He must love to make me smile. He's been doing a lot of that since we got here.

"Anything you want it's yours all you have to do is ask."

"Maybe we need to make that month thing two Months."

He snapped his fingered and smiled.

"Two months is a week time," he said.

"And what about your room," I asked. He smiled.

"I'm right across the hall, should you need something just say my name loudly," he said. He began to walk away.

"Loki?"

"Yes?"

"Was Beth beautiful?"

"She was." I nodded. He looked at me with a sneaky look.

"But not as beautiful as you."