That scared me so much, my stomach was in knots. It disappeared and Hunter looked at me. He grabbed my face and began asking me if I was okay or if it hurt me. He was so concerned. I had never seen him this concerned. I had never been THIS afraid. It knew us. Whatever this was, it knew all of us. It was so unusual. And the only ones who knew the answers to who it was, were Ashton and Artemis.

"I'm fine, it didn't hurt me, just frightened me a bit," I said. Hunter nodded. He then let go of my chin. He kept an eye on me. I looked at him and grinned. The tears were being forced back.

"I was thinking, Nix, if you want to, I can be your guardian, again," he said. I looked at him as if he'd just killed someone I cared about.

"I mean, I just, I'm worried about you, and I just think that, you could use someone in your corner to be there, ya know, at all times," he said. I was so mad. I don't know why I was mad. But I was so angry. He NOW wanted to be around me. When Artemis takes an interest and I'm in REAL danger. It wasn't about me at all. He just didn't want anyone else with me. He didn't want to be responsible for me getting hurt.

"Leave, Hunter," I said. And that was all I said. He looked at me confused.

"Did I do something wrong," he asked. He didn't move.

"I'm not your play toy anymore, you have no idea how hard it's been for me have you?"

"How hard what's been?"

"I've sat and watched you, for weeks i had you by my side only to loose you the instant you became human form, you were so set on finding yourself but you didn't ask yourself who's the one constant you really had in your life. The one who didn't care that you were human or animal?"

"Nix I-"

"No. You don't get to call me that anymore, I'm not your soul mate, even if we were soulmates, I hate you right now, and you don't understand why, you've toyed with me, for days on days, and for almost two weeks you've been playing that stupid mind game with me, and now you worry for me, where were you when I've been alone for the last two weeks?"

"I was just figuring things out," he said. That's all he said. He looked heartbroken.

"No you were being Hunter, the one who NEVER kept anything in his life constant. The one who runs, who doesn't mind being alone, well I'm not your puppet or your toy, so I want you to leave, you can not tell me who to be with, or around, and if I see you so much as get angry at Artemis for actually being there and caring, I will kill you," I said. My anger may have gotten the best of me. I wouldn't think of killing him any other time. But this was the last straw for me.

"But Phoenix-"

"No more explanations, I'm done Hunter, it hurts me, probably more than you, but you weren't there to see the hurt I was going through, but he was, and he didn't leave my side when I needed him most," I said turning around. My tears began to run down my cheeks. He placed his hand on my shoulder. I nudged it away.

"If this is your wish, I will respect it, and I am sorry for hurting you."

He left me standing there alone and angry. But he always did. He never fought for anyone but himself. Even his sister told me he was always running from things. Love, family. And to be honest he did need to figure out who he was as a PERSON now. But he took almost two weeks to himself. And maybe that's the time he needed. But he could have been there for me too. Not just leave me unsafe and unprotected.

I gathered the rest of my things and I met Ashton and Lucy outside. Artemis was thee and he seen me, the real me, the tears and the sorrow. He was sorry for me. He felt every inch of my pain. He looked right through me and he seen the reason. And he knew what was going on between me and Hunter. He knew I wanted him to stay away for my sanity. So that I could finally move past it all. Hunter also came outside with his things. He looked at me and then looked down at his feet. Artemis came to me. Hunter noticed but this time he didn't give us a look.

"Phoenix, will you be alright," he asked. I smiled and nodded.

"As long as I have my friends, and you there to help me, yes I will be just fine," I said. I was fighting tears but he wasn't stupid. He knew.

"I wouldn't think of leaving, I'll be by your side until the gods strike me dead," he laughed. I giggled too. Gods were all in hiding. Especially the ancient ones. Some were killed. But he knew how to joke about it.

"Hey Artemis, do I call you that, or do we call you Landon?"

"Well, let's just say that I want my identity hidden for now, being a god, could really make things hard on me, especially since they were overthrown years ago," he said. I nodded.

"Landon it is," I said. He stood beside me. Hunter didn't tell anyone what we seen. No one knew what we saw. I didn't want to speak of it. I know it was important but for my own sanity I just didn't want to mention it.

"Hey Arthur?"

"Wait, Arthur?"

"Yeah it's like a really cool name off from your real one, do you like it," I asked. I hope he did. Because I wanted to call him that.

"I really do, in fact I think my name will be, Arthur Landon Wolfspain, or Professor W for short," he laughed. But he likes it!

"So can I call you Arthur when people aren't around," I asked. He faces me and took my hand. Hunter was watching but again he said or did nothing. He knew!

"You my dearest lady, can call me, whatever you'd like to, I love the name you have chosen, and I too shall give you a proper name," he said. I nodded. He had to think of one of course.

"Who's ready to go," Ashton asked. We all agreed now was the time to get off this island. Before I went crazy.

Artemis began to chant. It was Latin and ancient. His hands came up above his face. He then faced the ocean and began to chant louder. Calling on the portal to open. And he knew once it opened, he would be last to go in. I was hoping for good! We all waited patiently. The portal began to form and purple energy was bursting in mid air and circling the area he chose. It kept getting bigger and bigger until finally the spell was complete.

"Okay, Ashton, you go first, and then the rest of you follow, Phoenix, you will go right before me, just in case," Artemis said loudly. Ashton stepped in to the portal. In order for it to work he had to think of the academy. And then we had to think of a person. Ashton stepped through followed by Lucy, Kiera, Cedric, Sarah, Lucian, Luna, Hunter, Cassie, and the others followed her. I was the last to go in aside from Artemis.

"Phoenix go, now, the portal doesn't have long," he said. I began to worry about him. I shook my head.

"No not without you take my hand and follow after me," I said. He shook his head. He didn't want to come did he?

"Arthur, please, don't leave me, you've become a great friend and I don't want to loose you," I said. He began to look at the island.

"Phoenix, I want to be where you are, but it may not let me go," he said. Talking about the island. He's been here so long he didn't think the island would release him.

"Then I'll make it," I yelled. The portal closed right when I said that. We were stuck on the island until he could get his strength up. Or maybe not. I was a very powerful witch. I could conjure a portal. Both of us could. But the problem was the island didn't want him leaving.

"LISTEN UP, THIS MAN HAS WRITTEN MY PROPHECIES ALL OF THEM, AND HE WILL NOT BE A PRISONER FOR YOU I WILL DO WHATEVER I HAVE TO FOR YOU TO RELEASE HIM TO ME!"

I shouted at the top of my lungs. Artemis tan to me and shook his head. I smiled and winked at him.

"DID YOU HEAR ME?"

"CHILD, You are in no condition to be making deals with me, I kept him hear for his protection along with other creatures safety, if I release him, he could be a danger, you've not known him very long, I have, he kills to survive, he feeds from those energies around him, but he is weaker, because since your arrival, he's chosen to drain himself of those energies."

"So you know I am good for him, I can help him, like he has helped me," I said. It became quite.

"Very well, I will put you to 1 test, and if you pass that test, you are both free to leave."

"What test?" Artemis asked. I was curious too.

"The test of truth."