Ch - 20 "Questions"

"Where does a thought go when it's forgotten?"

~ Sigmund Freud 

Part 20

Abigail's Pov 

I was laying with my head on Adrian's lap while he brushed my hair softly. 

It still feels like a dream to me that I'm seeing everything with my own eyes. 

"Abi?" He called me and I hummed in response. 

"You need to eat something. I know you haven't eaten anything since yesterday." He said and I smiled at the fact how much he cares for me. 

"But how do you know this? And with all this happiness  I'm not even feeling hungry." I said, looking up at him. 

He smiled and kissed my head. "I know but still you need to eat. I have brought you mac and cheese." He said and I gasped while sitting back. 

"Really? Then yes I'm so hungry." I said and he chuckled at my excitement. 

I asked him to eat with me but he shook his head. I ate my mac and cheese and it was so yummy. 

I even made him eat with my hands and giggled when he rolled his eyes. 

After completing my food, he cleaned my hand and face with the napkins. 

"Adrian I can do it myself." I said and he chuckled again. 

"I know but I like to take care of you." He said. I smiled and kissed his cheeks. 

"Thank you Adrian and now can we go? I want to see Serena." I asked him with a small smile. 

"Nope, not now. Tonight you need to rest here. We will go tomorrow to see her." He said and pinched my cheeks softly. 

"But Adrian, I don't want to sleep, I want to see Serena. She must be worried about me. She was very scared and worried for me yesterday, I don't want her to get angry at me again." I said, while pouting. 

"Don't worry about her, she will not get angry at you. You will have to stay here tonight to complete your rest. Serena is fine and will wait for you. So just relax and don't you want to surprise her tomorrow?" He asked and I nodded my head. 

"Yes I want to, okay fine tomorrow I'll surprise her about my eye surgery. She will be really happy and surprised." I giggled. 

"Yup, she will definitely be surprised." He said but there was a different tone in his sentence. I brushed it off and laid my head again on his lap.  

"You aren't going anywhere, right? Please stay with me here tonight. I don't want to be alone, Adrian." I said with a sad look. 

"No, I'm not going anywhere. I'm here with you." He smiled and kissed my head.