Chapter 9 - Namimori (Year 20XX)

Their stay in Palermo continued for another week just because her mother, knowing of her unexpected visit, wanted to have her all to herself.That afternoon, the day before returning to Namimori, the brunette took her friends to eat at a well-known pizza restaurant, which pizza was "fairly acceptable," according to the girl.

- It's not like in Naples, absolutely. - she specified - But it's good enough anyway! -
- It's very good!! - Kaito yelled, ecstatic.
- Mh, very good! - Sora ate it with a smile.
- You're right, Undicesima, Naples pizza is unbeatable! - Luca nodded.
- Ah, Arancini !! - The girl dreamily observed the plate of arancini that the waiter placed on their table, smiling at the diners.
- Oh finally I can taste them!! - Kaito, and also Luca, remained silent to taste that absolutely amazing dish.

Sora, on the other hand, looked incredibly happy.Nozomi gave him a puzzled look, looking at his serene expression, it looked like almost nostalgic, as he slowly tasted his arancino.

- ... True, you've already been to Italy, right? she asked him.Sora opened his eyes and smiled at her.- You already knew the arancini, right? It shows from your expression! You look so happy to eat them again! -

Sora, however, did not speak. He just nodded and finished eating quietly.He was very polite while he ate, he seemed almost elegant.Nozomi blushed, not exactly understanding why.She watched the reflection of her face in the water of her glass, biting her lip.

- ... Guys, listen ... I'm sorry. - she said, still looking at the glass. - I hope I have remedied my whims with these days of vacation here in Palermo. -The three boys looked at her silently.- Boss, it's okay. Moments of sadness happen to everyone, don't worry. - Kaito said.- Exactly. And we had a great time, thanks for these days! - Luca smiled at her.- The important thing is that you feel better! - Sora said, heartening her with his eyes.

The girl drank the water in one gulp, trying to hide her happiness.And the out-of-control beating of her heart too.

Spring was now ending, it would soon give way to the summer heat and Nozomi could already feel the endurance rising too much. She hated the heat, because of her harmonization with her surroundings, but she had no way of fighting it.The girl was still sensitive enough to what had happened a few weeks before, and she had failed to carry out all of her duties.Her obsessions left her quite confused, to the point of not even being able to get the usual perfect grades.Something that had never happened in her school life.She had found herself in front of the list of students with the highest grades at Namimori High, and had horribly discovered that she had dropped to second place.The first place was occupied by Watanabe Sora.She wasn't really mad at Sora, more than anything else she felt defeated by herself. Her obsession with the Primo lately had distracted her to such an extent that she lost the primacy she had earned with so much sweat.She was feeling very low in spirits, but ready to go all out again.Her love for Primo was strong, but also the desire to become a powerful boss.

- Why don't you study together? - Haname asked suddenly. - You are the best students in the school, it would be interesting for both of you. -- Studying ... together? - the thought hardly made the girl's heart beat faster.She had been feeling strange for a while when she thought of Sora, but she didn't want to believe it. She only loved Giotto, and she would meet him in the future.She had to calm down.

With that thought, she reached the Watanabe house, next to the family flower shop.Sora was helping his mother with a dirt-soiled white apron and some vases he was fixing on shelves.Nozomi, meanwhile, was watching him with a very intense and reddened gaze, so much so that Sora's mother sneaked up to her, giggling.- Sora is a really wonderful guy, don't you think? - she whispered.-... Yes .- the girl said, before being frightened. - Mrs Licia!! -Sora's mother laughed a lot and then she apologized.- If my son and Sawada were together, the two best students of Namimori High ... you don't know how proud I would be~ - she whispered and then snapped away when Sora had approached the two.- Mom! what are you saying to Nozomi? - he sighed, taking off his apron.Nozomi swore she saw some blush on his face, along with that smile that warmed her heart every time.- Well, let's go! -

The two had found themselves in the boy's room, a shiba dog hopped playfully around his master, Nozomi looked at him with perplexity.- Prince is very affectionate, you can caress him if you want! --N-no, that's okay ...- she said, turning to look around the room.- ... Don't you like dogs? - he looked disappointed.- I'm more of a cat person! - Nozomi replied, looking at the various photos hanging on the wall. Sora was super cute as a child.- I think all animals are cute! They are part of nature and the world ... -Nozomi watched that wonderful sweet look as he stroked his dog.- ... except spiders. Spiders must die. - she specified.He laughed aloud, almost unable to stop.Nozomi was confused, she thought he would complain. Why was he laughing?- Yes, I know very well! - he said, wiping his tears - They were sent here to conquer humans, right? -The brunette looked at him in bewilderment.They had known each other for a few years, sure, but she didn't remember ever saying that.Could it have been Kaito to tell him that?- It's okay, don't worry. - he said, then taking the books and preparing the papers for the study session. - I will not let any spider get near you. -Nozomi took her pen and was with her face facing down to the white paper, as she was so red she didn't want to be seen by him.Prince walked over, looking for affection.- You see? He also wants to protect you from monsters. - Sora revealed. - He is here to tell you that he will be your special guard, if you give him a caress. -Nozomi bit her lip.Finally, he had won.She brought her trembling hand to the dog, and stroked him.

Apparently, Sora and Prince would somehow become her protectors.Her battle against the spiders was one step away from their victory!