Chap 27: Race Day

Today was the big day the day I have been waiting for since I was little. To race like my dad, to be like my dad and race I couldn't believe it had finally come. We have been practicing soooooooo much and I've spent more time with Ryder and I've gotten closer to his little sister who is just adorable. My dad took our cars there last night so we didn't all have to drive them there and back it was cool because they went on a massive truck. We were currently getting ready in our suits and I was just doing up my boots and slipping on my gloves. Once I finished I ran down to the front door before I grabbed my helmet and hopped in my car before I went to pick up the others. First was Ryder then Ivy, Jasper and lastly Wyatt before we drove off to where the race was being held.

"I can't believe it's today" Ivy said.

"I'm so excited I hope we do well" I replied as we drove into a car park and I parked my car before we all hopped out. We put our helmets on and began to walk to were our cars were as we saw so many people sitting it looked like a sea of people and a massive tv that played adds from tv. People cheered and screamed as everyone was getting their cars ready as we walked behind everyone's station and we came to ours as dad was fixing something and looked up.

"Uh the Troublemakers how are we?" He asked.

"Excited" Ivy said.

"Happy" Wyatt said.

"Jumping over the moon" Jasper said as we laughed.

"Well I made sure your cars are okay and ready and I put new wheels on them" he replied as we nodded and I heard a squeal as I looked to see my mom which meant my brother was saving the seat.

"Aw you guys look so cool and grown up I need a photo" she said as we all got in a huddle and dad got in the middle on the floor.

"Smile" she replied as we did and she took the picture before she showed us and it was with all of us standing up with our arms around each other and our visors up while my dad was on the floor smiling with his thumbs up.

"Love it" dad said as we nodded and we all went in a group huddle.

"Okay today we need to drive like we have never driven before and we need to give it our all. We are the troublemakers and we will put our blood sweat and tears into this race to come out on top. I don't care if we don't win but as long as put in all we have I'll be happy because hey there's alway another time right so let's go kick some ass" I said as they nodded and we cheered before we had to hop in our cars.

"Okay start them up" dad said as we all turned our cars on and our cars roared to life as we flipped down our visors. We drove out and to the starting line to see so many other cars and people as we sat there waiting. We waited for more cars to get to the starting line before someone introduced the race to the people and we kept our eyes on the lights.

Red.

Red.

Red.

Red.

GREEN.

We were off flying past each other and around the race track. I was determined to win and beat Dave in this race before he beat me. I was going good and I found out that after the first lap I was in front of the other members of my team which meant one thing if we wanted to win I had to push this car hard or they would have to catch up. I zoomed past the screaming people and went into the pits to fix my wheels which were really fast at changing. I've never felt so alive in my life as I pushed my foot on the pedal and the car sped up as I was battling with cars for the lead.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my left arm as my car swerved but I couldn't look because I had to keep my eyes on the road. Then I felt the pain again in the same arm as I took it off the steering wheel and looked to see the person holding a gun as he pulled the trigger and it hit me again.