Adoption (Phil Lewis x Steve Riley)

Requested by LostGirl_emofreak

⚠️Involves depression, talk of sex, and uncensored swearing⚠️

"Unedited sick shit"- My baby, David Ellefson.

And for anyone who likes LA Guns, your welcome for that beautiful picture. I love them so much.

~ ~ ~

January 16th, 1989~

"Phillip," Steve called, "It's time to get up."

Phil rolled over, "I'm not getting up," he mumbled. 

Over the past few weeks, Phil had barely any energy. He was being really quiet to his boyfriend, Steve and Steve didn't know why. 

"Phil, please wake up," Steve whined. 

"No," Phil snapped. 

"Can you at least hug me?" Steve asked. 

Phil put his arm out and gave Steve a half ass hug. "Jeez, Philly, what's your issue?" Steve muttered. 

Phil looked as if he was contemplating saying something, but then shook his head, "No, nothing's the matter, I'm fine," Phil said. 

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm really hungry and I'm going to eat breakfast. Now, you can leave me to eat alone or come and talk to me," Steve said, hoping that Phil would come eat with him. 

Phil shook his head. 

Steve went downstairs and got breakfast: microwave waffles and a hash brown. He was really upset. He felt that it was his fault that Phil was ignoring him and he wondered why. 

Their dog, Meg, kept trying to eat Steve's food. "Get away," he mumbled to Meg. 

After Steve was done, he went back up to the bedroom. He heard small whimpers coming from the bedroom. 

He went in and found Phil lying on the bed crying. 

"Phillip, what's the matter?" Steve asked. 

"Steve, i'm sorry I'm a bad boy friend," Phil sobbed. 

"No, you aren't," Steve replied. 

"I've let my own personal problems get between us," Phil cried.

"Phil, it's not your fault. Can you at least tell me what's wrong, so I can help?" Steve asked. 

"Growing up I always imagined myself being a father and I imagined y'know having kids, but then I met you and that all changed. And I'm  so happy I have you, but at the same time I'm really depressed because I can't have a baby," Phil explained. 

"Hon, you could've told me you wanted a baby. Then we could get on a list to adopt," Steve replied. 

"Can we?" Phil asked. 

"We can sure the hell try," Steve replied. 

~ ~ ~

January 19th, 1990~

After about a year long battle with depression, Steve turned to Phil who was asleep beside him. 

"Phillip, wake up," he whispered. 

"Okay," Phil agreed. Steve was stunned, for the first time in over a year, Phil had the energy to get out of bed in the morning. Steve knew he was excited for what was going to happen. They were going to settle the adoption of their sweet baby girl, Elixa. 

Phil got a certain look in his eyes when he would play with her curly hair or the look he would look at her beautiful brown eyes. 

Phil opened a bottle of champagne and cleared his throat, "To a new life with our baby Elixa," he smiled. 

They clinked their glasses together. 

"Wait a sec, Phil," Steve said, "How are we gonna tell Elixa about sex."

"Easy, just pay my mom to do it," Phil laughed. 

They laughed and finished the champagne as they put the final touches on Elixa's nursery. 

~ ~ ~

  Alrighty, I know its been so long, but please send me requests and I'll definitely write them a book of Metallica imagines/preferences will be out next month, so P L E A S E send me requests.