Chapter 10

He tries to call Chaeyoung but she didn't pick up. He starts to get worried. He asks Jungkook to settle his work for a while.

"Come on, Chae. Pick up!!" He hits the steering wheel. Once again, she didn't pick up. Jimin let out a frustrated sigh. 

Where she could be?

As Jimin looks around, his eyes landed on someone. He narrows his eyes and then-

"Chae!?"

Without wasting his time, he parks his car and went out. He rushes to her as if Chaeyoung will die if he has not appeared on time.

"Chae!!!" Jimin yells.

That figure turns around and her eyes wide open. "Mr. Park!? What are you doing?" She asks.

He catching his breath but still didn't break his eye contact with her. Chaeyoung just stares at him with confusion. 

Suddenly, Jimin hugs her. Once again, she surprised by his action. She can't help but blush. Who wouldn't when your handsome boss hugging you without reason.

"I thought...something happens to you..." Jimin whispers.

"Um...s-sir. I just finish my work so I go get cup noodles for my lunch." Chae explains.

"Did you mute your phone?" He asks. 

"No. My phone ran out of battery." Chae answers.

Jimin sigh in relief. He pulls away from hug and stares into her eyes deeply. But, because of her sunglasses, he couldn't see those unique eyes.

"Next time, please, answer the call," Jimin said.

"Um....s-sure." She stammering. 

Jimin nods and breaths out. He looks at her watch and it almost the end of their lunchtime. He glances at Chae's lunch food and thinks. She hasn't eaten just because of handling Mr. Jack. 

Somehow, he feels guilty for being harsh toward her. Jimin grabs her wrist and pulls her with him.

"M-Mr. Park, where are we going?" Chae asks.

"Company, of course. You will eat your lunch until you are FULL. Don't stop eating if you are still hungry." Jimin respond.

"I always hungry." She said. Jimin looks at her with a 'WTH' face. "Don't give me that look. I'm foodie, okay." 

When she said that, it reminded him of Rose. She loves food. Even she already full, she always managed to eat again. It just like, eating is her hobby.

"Mr. Park?" Chae snaps her finger.

"Oh. I'm sorry." He shakes his head. "Eat as many as you want. You can take a rest today." 

"What? How about the work that you-"

"Forget about it. You did great. It just...my mood makes me see it wrong." Jimin sighs.

"You just like a girl, Mr. Park. Do you have a period?" She chuckles. 

"Everyone has a mood swings. Not only women." Jimin rolls his eyes. She bursts into laughter. Guess what? Even her laughter is the same as Rose.

Jimin feels like, he been given a second chance. The same blood as Rose, the same voice as Rose, the same face as Rose, the same touch as Rose, the same sweetness as Rose, lastly, the same love as Rose.

Well, it just Chaeyoung still not catch feeling for him...yet.

___________

Chaeyoung puts down the noodles cup and burping. She closes her mouth and looks around her. 

"Phew. Thank goodness. No one heard it." She mutters.

She throws away the empty cup and washes her hand. She walks away and straight to her office. While she on her way there, she saw Jungkook and Lisa talking.

"Jungkook girlfriend. What was her name again?" Chae tries to remember and found it. "Aha!! Her name is Lisa." 

As much as she wants to greet her, she felt like not too. So she decides to walks away. She presses the button of the elevator.

"How great having someone that loves you other than your family." Chae mumbles. 

If only she knows, everyone loves her other than her family. All of a sudden, her phone ringing. She answers the call and receives-

"Yo!! My little one!!" Taehyung yells.

"Tae, you know I'm at working place right now?" Chae sighs heavily. The door elevator opens and she walks in.

"I know. But, I can't help but curious about the money you want to borrow from me." He said. 

"It nothing. I just need it for myself to handle something." She lied.

"Are you sure?" Taehyung asks because he didn't buy her excuses. "Because you never borrow money from me. You always borrow from mum or dad." He added.

"Well...is it wrong to borrow from my lovely big brother?" She giggles.

Taehyung knows she hiding something. "You know that we live under the same roof, right?" He asks.

"Yes. Why?" Chae walks out of the elevator and walking to her office.

"Good. And you know I'm your big brother, right?" He asks again.

"Obviously, yes." 

"In conclusion, you wouldn't get away from this question." Taehyung spills it out. 

Chaeyoung stops walking. Her body stiff. She knows she wouldn't get away from Taehyung because he will do anything until she spills the tea.

"Um...what you mean by that?" Chae giggles nervously.

"Chaeyoung. You know what I mean right?" Taehyung's voice change. 

She gulps. "Uhh...Well, I gotta go. Oh!! Mr. Park is calling- I-I coming!! Bye, Tae!!" She hangs before he could reply.

Chaeyoung let out a heavy sigh. She knows she can't run away from Taehyung. Looks like, she has to defend herself as hard as she can. 

"I heard my name being sold to your brother." A voice makes her flinches. She turns around and saw Jimin behind her with his hands inside his pocket.

"M-Mr. Park. I-I uh...well, how long you standing behind me?" Chae asks.

"Long enough to hear everything." He answers.

She cursing inside her heart. Now, she feels like wants to disappear. She lost her words. She doesn't know what to say.

"What did you hide from your brother?" Jimin asks.

"N-Nothing." She stammering.

"Hmm...you look like you try so hard to get away from your brother whatever question." He said. 

"Really, nothing. I have to go now." Chae bowed and walks away. 

Before she moves her legs, Jimin grabs her wrist. "Have you eaten your lunch?" 

"I did." 

"Good. I already put the file that you need to handle." Jimin speaks.

"Oh really? If that so, I should go now." She said.

"Before you walk away..." Jimin leans closer to her. "Make sure you finish it before next week." He whispers and leaves her there, blushing.

Chaeyoung touches her cheeks and it hot. She doesn't know what to feel but her heart beating so fast. 

CONTINUE~