Chapter 8

He loosened his tie and sigh in tired. Not because of work but because of what Taehyung told him yesterday. 

He found her twin. And Chaeyoung didn't know that her twin already dead. Should he just tell her? But, that will make her freak out. What matters right now is, whenever he looks at her, it reminds her of Rose.

He hates it. 

"I hope you didn't exist in my life, Chaeyoung," Jimin mutters. "Rose-ah...what should I do..." He closes his face with his palms hands.

"I hope you are here instead of her...I'm scared to fell in love with her. Im scared if she goes away like what you did to me, Rose baby." Jimin talks to himself. 

His eyes get teary. He pushes his hair back and takes a deep breath. Suddenly, the door opens after a knocking sound. 

"Sir, I'm sorry for interrupting." Chae bowed. 

"What?" Jimin growls. She looks down and walks towards him slowly.

Chaeyoung hands him a file, "This is the work that you ask me to do it again." 

He grabs it and checks her work. Chaeyoung grips on her skirt tightly. She hopes he will accept it. 

But, looks like, it didn't happen. Jimin gets up harshly and walks in front of her. 

"Is this what you call work? Huh?" He asks. 

"What's wrong with it, s-sir?" Chae asks. 

"You ask what wrong? Seriously, you ask what's wrong!!??" Jimin shouts to her.

She flinches when he raises his voice. She feels like wants to cry but she knows she has to hold it. It a part of the work also.

"I ask you...to redo it and NOT change everything inside it!!" Jimin slams the file on the desk.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry, sir." Chae bowed. Tears sliding on her cheek and she just keeps her head hung low.

"Sorry wouldn't fix anything, Chae!!" He yells. Jimin pushes his hair back and sighs heavily. "Now, please tell me, about your other work. How is Mr. Jack?" He asks.

"M-Mr. Jack? Well...he said..." She gulps and hesitated to say it.

"He said what, Chae?" Jimin gritted his teeth.

"He said, he will call me when he decides to pay." She spilled it out. 

"WHAT!?" He yells. She flinches again. "You know he lying, right? Don't tell me you don't!!" Jimin expression is so scary right now.

"I w-will call him again, Sir," Chae speaks.

"I want you to out and never come to my office once you finish everything!!" Jimin throws the file at her.

Chaeyoung takes it and bowed. She walks away and went out of the office. Soon the door closed, she finally let it out.

She knows she can't be weak. But tears keep coming out and she can't control them. She doesn't know why Jimin always angry at her. 

"I have to finish my work." She mutters and wipes her tears. 

_________

Jungkook looks at his watch and it already lunchtime. He gets up and decides to have lunch with Chaeyoung instead of Jimin.

Knowing that he will reject it again. He knocks on her office and opens her door.

"Hey, Chae. Want to grab lunch with me?" Jungkook asks in a bright tone.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. But, I need to finish this first. I need to go to meet Mr. Jack, face to face also after this." She declined.

"Mr. Jack?" Jungkook frowns.

"Yup. I just got scolded by Mr. Park and damn. He so scary." She pouts. 

Jungkook chuckles and puts his hands inside his pocket. He thinks for a while then he speaks.

"How about...I accompany you to Mr. Jack's office and then we can go grab lunch?" He suggests. Jungkook knows, Mr. Jack is a pervert and rude guy. A soft girl like Chae wouldn't handle him.

"Are you sure? I mean? I mean, I can go there by myself." She responds.

"I'm sure. Besides, we're both assistants of Mr. Park. So, basically, we have the same job." Jungkook said and smiles at her.

"Fine. Let's go." Chae grabs her stuff and follows him.

They straight to his car because Chaeyoung doesn't have one since only Taehyung sends her and picks her up.

The whole ride is silent. For Chae, she just feels normal but for Jungkook, it not. If she with Rose, he will be talkative but since she died, he becomes awkward. Like, he talking with a ghost.

"I wonder why Mr. Park so...hot-tempered?" Chae breaths out. 

"What you mean?" He asks.

"I mean, he always gets angry over something small or big. I'm scared of him." She pouts. 

"Mr. Park. He's not like that before. Trust me, he's a sweet yet kind guy you ever met. He can be cheerful and sometimes serious also." Jungkook chuckles. 

"But, what makes him like that?" Chaeyoung turns her head to him and curious about the answer.

"He became like that after...his lover passed away." Jungkook smiles sadly. 

"Oh..." 

"Her name was Rose. She died because of sickness. Both of them look good together. Mr. Park saves her from her cruel life. He has a plan to marry her but sadly..." Jungkook can't continue the sentence.

"Sadly, her time has already come." She continues. 

"Yeah. And it was hurt, looking at her slowly fading away from us. Not physically but mentally." He said. "You can't believe that she will be disappeared forever and never come back." 

Chaeyoung notices that Jungkook voice cracking. She smiles and looks down. 
"My parent always said, if that person passed away, they will leave us but...they still inside our heart."

Jungkook takes a glance at her. How can she be sweet like Rose also? Oh yeah, she is her twin. It makes him smile. 

If Jimin heard her saying this, he will melt like how Rose did to her. He knows, there's the reason why God wants to send Chaeyoung here. It must be for Jimin and give him a second chance.

CONTINUE~