1.Our Very First Meeting

A brown haired, 11-year-old boy named Remus was standing on the train platform with 2 girls besides him that looked like twins. One had the same brown hair as the boy, but long and straight, named Rose while the other had dark wavy hair, known as Roxanne. All three of the siblings looked nervous, waiting for their parents to bring their luggage. Suddenly a woman with a pretty and kind face, Hope Lupin came into sight along with her husband, Lyall Lupin. She handed the three kids a lunchbox each and said,' Do eat these before you reach there ok?'

All three of them nodded silently.

'ok,' she said hugging them turn by turn,' off you go dearies.'

'Have a nice term,' said Lyall hugging them too.

Rose smiled at her father and suddenly felt she didn't want to go. Remus and Roxanne had already gone on the train after saying goodbye. Her lower lip had started to tremble, meaning she was about to cry, a warning everyone saw as red because once she started to cry, it was almost impossible to stop her.

'sweetie, don't worry... you'll be fine...you always have been,' whispered Lyall in her ear.

She didn't think so, but on a brave face and gave her parents one last hug and clambered onto the train. Remus was already sitting in a carriage with a dark haired boy. She heard her name and turned. Roxanne was calling her over to a carriage. She went over and saw that it wasn't empty either; a blonde girl with dark eyes was sitting. She was extremely pretty and looked Spanish but for some reason Rose didn't really feel like sharing a compartment. She wanted to be alone for some time.

'Hi,' said Roxanne,' you are...?

'Sylvia,' the girl said smiling,' Tonks Sylvia Nymphadora Eleanor Ixora Black. I know it is a long name, but you can call me anything except Nymphadora.'

'okay, SYLVIA,' said Roxanne,' I am Roxanne but people usually just call me Rox. And that is my twin sister Rosetta, but people call her Rose.'

And so the conversation continued. Roxanne and Sylvia seemed to get on very well but Rose felt left out. Until a girl with long red hair leaned against the door of their compartment and fell in as the door was not closed properly.

'AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH' she screamed as she fell backwards. The girls hurriedly helped her get up she said,

'thanks,' she said brushing the dust off her skirt,' I am such a klutz!'

Rose smiled, for this was something she could relate too.

'never mind, sit down,' Rose said.

The girl turned and the first thing Rose noticed about her were her bright, emerald green eyes. She smiled gratefully and Rose realized she had been crying. She sat down them besides her and said,

'I am Lily. Lily Evans,' she said looking around at them. They all introduced themselves and began conversing.

'What's wrong?' asked Rose softly looking at Lily who had a face like a sad dog.

'Oh nothing...just a little homesick,' she said smiling sadly. Then as quick as lightening her sad smile turned into a frown and said, 'those boys in compartment 8 are such jerks! Especially the long black haired one and the one with messy black hair with glasses, though the one with brown hair seemed nice.'

Sylvia's smile faded a little and said,' the long haired one is my brother,' she said and as Lily looked horrified and opened her mouth to apologize, she continued grinning mischievously,' but I agree with you. He can be a pain in the butt sometimes.'

'oh...sorry,' said Lily meekly.

Roxanne however, grinned and said,

'and the brown haired one is my brother.'

Sylvia and Rose burst out laughing at Lily's annoyed face.

'how many brothers do you guys have?' she said laughing as well.

'never mind that, you do love noticing people's hair, don't you?' said Rose and they all burst out laughing again, all problems forgotten as they told each other about their siblings and family.

Let's rewind a little and go back to the time Remus sat in compartment 8. It was the first empty compartment and he just chose it. A short while later he was joined by two black haired boys.

'hi,' said the one with glasses,' do you mind if we join you?'

'oh, not at all,' said Remus.

They both sat down and introduced themselves.

'I am Sirius Black,' said the one with a mischievous look in his eyes and long hair.

'and I am James Potter,' said the one with glasses.

Remus nodded and said,' Remus Lupin.'

Suddenly a boy with sandy colored hair burst through the door and climbed on the luggage rack out of sight. The boys didn't even have time to comment on this strange scene  when Lily, although they didn't know her name yet, came in as well.

'have you seen a sandy haired boy?'

'no,' said Remus before anyone could say anything.

A greasy long nosed boy passed the corridor behind her.

'hello snivelly!' said Sirius cheerfully.

Lily frowned.

'oooooh someone's maaaad,' said Sirius tauntingly.

'tell me if you see him,' she said speaking directly to Remus and ignoring James and Sirius who were imitating her and stalked off with her nose in the air. Remus bit back the urge to laugh.

'bye!' James called out.

The sandy haired boy cautiously climbed down.

'thanks for not throwing me under the bus,' he said gratefully,' I am Robert Sanford.'

'hi!' said James,' so you know that girl then?'

'yeah she's my cousin,' said Robert grimacing,' she wanted me to go with her everywhere.'

'I can relate,' said Remus and Sirius at the same time.

'you have a sister?' asked James and Robert at the same time.

They all laughed and Sirius said,

'yeah... well half-sister, you know, same father, different mother. Though her mom died a few years back.'

'oh,' said Remus,' I have twin sisters.'

'sad,' said Robert,' I have an 8 year old sister.'

'Haha lucky me; I am an only child,' said James.

And the conversation continued. Just a very normal beginning to lifelong friendship. : )