Halloween on the Ghost pt. 4

"Zeb, Ezra grab the side tables and barricade the door," Hera ordered.

Zeb and Ezra grabbed the tables and propped them up against the door. Ezra, being slightly more concerned, put a small box in front of the tables just in case. The download was slowly creeping up the bright florescent yellow bar.

"C'mon, c'mon!" Sabine practically yelled at the computer, "we don't have long what are we going to do?"

"Kanan, Ezra can you guys cut the computer into just the section we'll need?" Here asked.

They nodded and activated their lightsabers. Gracefully cutting just what they needed keeping the computer working.

"Zeb carry the computer and everybody back into the vents," Kanan said.

He boosted Sabine up and then Hera followed by Ezra and Zeb. Looking back at the door he saw it burst open.

"Fire on th—" Price stopped mid sentence due to a surprising extra emergency barrier. 

When the troopers got past the tables the rebels were already gone. Crawling through the vents they got back on track and escaped the tower. Storm troopers were chasing after the crew and more importantly the data they stole.

"Chop bring around the Ghost!" Here called through comms.

With a hesitant droid response she looked up to the skies and saw their VCX fly over. Chopper lost altitude and opened the cargo door. Kanan helped Hera climb in followed by Sabine.

"Here hold this," Zeb said handing the computer over to Ezra jumping on board.

"We made it!" Sabine said happily. She grabbed her blinking detonator and blew a giant hole in the side of the tower causing it to collapse.

Their happiness was soon followed by a lone gunshot. Ezra fell backwards dropping the data and falling out.

Sabine raced towards the Phantom II to help her boyfriend. "Stay here I'll go after him."

Before they could debate, she closed the hatch and detached heading down for Ezra. She shot at the troopers while landing between them and Ezra. She dragged him back on board and went to grab the data.

The troopers regathered and started heading for Sabine. She ran out into the open to grab the data. Bolts barely missing her head she raced back and started flying back. She set the phantom to autopilot and went to check on her boyfriend.

She patched up his injuries and when he came to she asked softly Hey you ok?" She asked softly.

"Yeah," he moaned feeling a slight chill crawl over his chest, "Do you know where my shirt is?"

They smiled and she handed him his shirt and helped him get it on. "Your condition isn't that bad you do have a hole through your chest though. You're lucky it didn't hit anything important."

"Important? I think my arm is kind of important," he said chuckling.

"Well, now we can head back and regroup for hopefully a normal Halloween," Sabine said sitting down with Ezra resting her head on his chest.

Wow this story became a whole lot longer than just a one page story. But it's here all finished. (Drop some ideas in the comments if you'd like 👍) Ok bye.