𝟏𝟖| 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑

────── ・ 。゚☆: *

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

"DID you guys know that Iwaizumi-kun can drive? Like an actual car?" Rin blurted out as she hooked her arms with Iwaizumi's arm.

Oikawa, Matsukawa, and Hanamaki all looked at Iwaizumi with widened eyes as everyone stopped walking. Iwaizumi shot Rin a look with furrowed brows, but she wasn't fazed, even a little bit, since she just giggled a little.

"You can drive a c–car? Like the thing that has four wheels and makes traveling shorter?" Oikawa asked, pressing his hands against his hips. "No. I can drive a unicycle. Of course I can drive cars, you idiot," Iwaizumi replied nonchalantly, shaking his head at his best friend.

"And you didn't tell us until now? Imagine how many hours we could have saved if you drove us to and from practice!" Hanamaki exclaimed. "I know right. Talk about being selfish," Matsukawa inserted.

Iwaizumi tried to contain his cool, but there was an evident bluish vein popping from his forehead that he couldn't possibly contain anymore. Luckily, the cheerful sound of Rin's giggles calmed down Iwaizumi, and the small group continued to walk down the sidewalk.

It didn't take long for Rin to lead the guys to a nearby restaurant. The restaurant wasn't a classy one at all. It was quite the opposite, super casual and had normal people food. Considering she was getting dinner with boys, Rin thought they would be more amazed with something simpler rather than food considered to be fine dining.

Just like Rin expected, the restaurant was filled with teenagers of their ages, feasting on juicy burgers and greasy pizza slices. Oikawa and Matsukawa immediately went to the menu, eyeing it with widened eyes. Surely all of the junk food displayed on the big menu on the wall was breathtaking to look at.

Rin unhooked her arms from Iwaizumi's arm and looked down at his hand which was stuffed into his sweatpants pocket. She so desperately wanted to hold his hand in replacement of hooking her arms with his arm, but Rin knew about something called self control, at least she thought she knew.

Her eyes widened at the sudden feeling of an arm around her shoulders, and her body was pulled closer to Iwaizumi's side as his olive green eyes stared at the menu on the wall.

"Hello! What can I get for you guys tonight?" the cashier asked with a cheery smile. "We'd like two large pepperoni pizzas with extra cheese and garlic sauce on the side. Add in five small fountain drinks and side of french fries," Oikawa replied, pulling out his wallet.

"Oikawa-kun. You don't have to pay for all of us–"

"It's okay. You guys can pay me back afterwards. It's easier if one person pays for it all," Oikawa said, cutting off Rin with a small smile.

As Oikawa completed the transaction, he handed each of his friends a cup for their drinks, allowing them to walk off towards the fountain drinks. Iwaizumi didn't pull his arm off of Rin's shoulders until the two arrived at the drink station. Along with Matsukawa and Hanamaki, Rin and Iwaizumi filled their cups with their desired drinks before topping them off with caps and straws.

"I call picking a spot!" Hanamaki exclaimed, going to rub his chin as he looked around, "Found one!"

Considering they were in a larger group than usual, Hanamaki went with a corner booth, possibly the best seat in the restaurant. Before either Hanamaki or Matsukawa could claim the corner of the booth, Rin ran to the booth and sat herself down in the corner, planting a small smile on her face.

"Gotta be quicker than that, boys," Rin joked as she sipped on her drink.

Iwaizumi, immediately, sat down next to Rin and watched, alongside her, Matsukawa and Hanamaki stand in the open with disbelief written on their faces. Oikawa decided to join the party after filling up his drink, but his eyes were focused on the receipt which held their order number, the number which will be called when their order was ready.

As soon as he looked up, Oikawa glanced from Matsukawa and Hanamaki's faces to Rin and Iwaizumi who were casually staring at the two shocked third years.

"I– Should I even ask?" Oikawa questioned before sitting down next to Iwaizumi. "They're just jealous that I got to the corner before them, but you snooze, you lose!" Rin blurted out at the third years.

Eventually, Hanamaki sat beside Rin, and Matsukawa sat at the end of the booth.

The five individuals indulged themselves in a conversation, talking about almost everything from their matches today to their future plans for college. Rin felt herself leaning more on Iwaizumi as the group told jokes to one another, but it didn't bother Iwaizumi in the slightest. Before, his face would have burned with a bright blush on his cheeks, but now, it was comforting to feel Rin this close to him.

Halfway through one of Matsukawa's stories about Oikawa being a childish setter at practice, Oikawa, Hanamaki, and Matsukawa got up to collect the loads of food that Oikawa had ordered for the group. This left Iwaizumi and Rin alone at the booth, and nothing but the clattering sounds coming from the kitchen were in the air.

"It was nice of you to bring up a surprise dinner, Rin. I know the guys have been stressed about the upcoming match, and now... they'll be devouring whole pizzas," Iwaizumi spoke up, playing with his drink. "Well, you won, and it's the least I could do... for all of you," Rin replied, leaning forward.

"I appreciate everything you do for me."

Rin looked up to make contact with Iwaizumi's olive green eyes. They didn't stay connected as Iwaizumi's eyes jotted down to Rin's plump, pink lips. Rin saw her eyes go down to Iwaizumi's lips as well, and surely enough, the distance between them began to decrease in increments.

"Iwaizumi-kun."

"Yes?"

"The boys are coming back."

Rin was looking over Iwaizumi's shoulders at the bickering boys, and luckily for Iwaizumi, they were too focused on who gets to hold what to notice the kissing scene that almost happened. Iwaizumi moved away, bringing more space between Rin and himself. His eyes never parted from Rin's small form as she fidgeted with her cup.

Rin knew Iwaizumi for as long as she could remember, but not until recently did she begin to feel these warm and wonderful feelings whenever she was around him. She didn't have experience with these kinds of things, and it definitely showed through her shyness. But Rin knew what was so destined to be for her everytime she looked into Iwaizumi's eyes. She wanted him to continue to look at her with that same wondrous look in his eyes everytime they made contact with hers. She wanted to continue to hold his arm everytime the two walked next to one another. In total, Rin wanted to be with Iwaizumi, and Iwaizumi wanted to be with Rin.

"We're back! Dig in!" Oikawa said, setting down the pizza boxes onto the table.

Everybody got their fair share of food. Like before, the group of third years had lots of wholesome jokes to share and stories to tell one another. All and all, this dinner was a chance for the third years to relax after a wonderful victory against Karasuno before heading off to compete against the powerhouse, Shiratorizawa.

Rin, definitely, enjoyed it the most out of everyone considering all that's she been through up until now. With her father gone in another country, her friend group somewhat out of her life, and her loneliness at home, Rin felt better sitting here with the boys she can easily call her support systems. They gave her the happiness that no one else nor herself could give and she didn't think any less of them.

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────