Chapter 21

I Couldn't hold The Tears Back. They Just kept falling.
             "Kaye Laini. I Dont Mean To Make Things Worse But That Ring Doesn't Mean Crap To Him" Aaron Whispered.
             "Let Me Go" I Cried
             "No."
             "At Least Loosen Your Grip" I Whined.
He Set Me Down And Took A Step Back. I Wrapped My Arms Around Him And Cried into his Shirt.
             "They're On There Way Back" He Whispered After A Few Minutes.
I Backed Away From Him And Wiped My Face. I Laid Down On The Couch, Aaron Laid A Blanket On Me. I was half a sleep when I heard Aaron Settle him self into the chair.

            "Kaye Laini" Aaron whispered A Moment After He Sat In The Chair.
             "Yeah"
             "Dont Let Carson Know I Told You That"
             "Okay" He Was Suddenly Right by the couch. He Kissed My Cheek And Sat Back Down.

I could no longer sleep, to many things were going through my head. Was Aaron Lying? Did I mean Anything to Carson? Why Did Aaron Seem To Mean So Much To Me? Why Is Lilly Still Around? Why Did The Ring On my Finger Feel So Heavy? I Buried my Face into a pillow trying to hold back the tears.
             "Kaye Laini Are you Okay" Aaron Whispered.
I didn't say anything. I couldn't find my voice, I Lifted my head and nodded. I Heard the front door open so I Pulled the blanket over my head.

Carson and Lilly Came Into The Room.
             "Is She Okay" Carson Asked, He Was Standing next to the Couch. I kept up my sleeping act.
             "Your The Vampire. Well You Were The Vampire, Can She Get Sick?" Aaron Laughed. It Made Me Wonder What Aaron Was.
             "No. I Dont think She Can Get Sick" Carsons Hand Was On My Forehead. I Badly Wanted To Flinch away. I was gonna have to talk to Lilly About the soul mate thing.

Carson Knelled Besides The Couch And Pulled The Blanket Away From My Face.
             "Are you okay?" He Whispered In My Ear.
             "Yeah. I Just Haven't Gotten Much sleep Lately" I Said.
             "Alright. I'll Let You Sleep" He Kissed Me On The Cheek. I Wanted To Move Away From Him But He Would Know I Knew Something. I Pulled The Blanket Back Over My Face A Silently Cried.

Later On Carson Came by me an whispered in my ear.
             "Me and Aaron are going magic shopping"
             "Magic Shopping?"
             "Its A Long Story" He Laughed. I half Smiled and waited till they left. Dang he was a busy boy. I sat up and turned to Lilly.
             "Lilly?"
            "Yeah" She was reading a Magazine.
             "Did Carson ever tell you you were his soul mate"
             "Yeah. Why?"
             "He said the same to me" I Was Shocked. Aaron hadn't been Lying.
She Didn't Say anything.

Carson Was A Liar. I wasn't his Soul mate. I bit my lip and got up off the couch. I pulled the ring off my finger and walked up to Lilly. I Held out the ring.
             "What?" She Looked really confused.
             "Give this to Carson"
             "Where Are you Going" She Wouldnt Take The Ring
             "He Lied To Me" I Dropped The Ring On The Coffee Table and Grabbed my book bag. "Bye"
I Ran down the hall to the guest bed room and dug around till I found a Peice of paper and a pen and quickly wrote a note to Aaron.
I Simply wrote- You were right.
I put the note on the guest bedrooms bed and ran out the front door. I ignored Lilly as she called after me.

Where Was I Going? I Was A block away from Aunt Graces House. I Couldn't Go There. I Shouldn't Even Be Outside. There Were posters of me all over the city. My feet kept taking me to Aunt graces house. I raised my hand and knocked On the door. My 'Dad' Answered The door.
             "Dead Man Walking" I Said as I walked past him and into the Kitchen.
             "Kaye Laini" Grace Squealed. I smiled.
             "Where Were You" My 'Dad' Said. I Ignored Him And Went On Hugging The Rest Of My Family.

            "Kaye Laini Why Are You Ignoring Your Father"
             "Because He Died. I Can Show You The Funeral Pictures, I can take you to the Grave Site. " I Looked At Them All
             "I Didn't Die Kaye Laini"
             "Yes you Did .You And Mom Died"
             "Your Mom Died But I Didn't" He Went to hug me. I Shouldn't Be Here I Couldn't Handle It. I Jumped Up and ran out the door
             "I'll Get You One Day" I Heard My Dad Yell After me.

~~~~~
 Aarons Point Of View O: -

Me And Carson Returned From The Potion And Spells Store. We Headed Up To The Den Where We Had Been Hanging Out Earlier. I Couldn't Wait To See Kaye Laini. She Was The First Girl That I Had Feelings For Me Naturally. I Hadn't Used Any Magic On Her. Something About Her Made It Seem Wrong. We Got To The Den. I Looked Around. I Was About To Ask Something But Carson Beat Me To It.
             "Wheres Kaye Laini?" He Asked Lilly.
             "She Left"

Lilly Continued Talking Before Anyone Could say anything"She Asked A Question About Soul mates, I Answered, And She Put The Ring On The Coffee Table And Left." Lilly Said. This Was My Fault, I Told Her About All The Other Girls Carson Had Said Were His Soul mate.
             "What Did She Ask About Soul mates" Carson Sounded Really Upset. He Grabbed The Ring Off The Coffee Table.
             "If You Ever Said I Was Your Soul Mate" Lilly Was Smiling
            "And You Said" Carson Was Irradiated now.
             "Yeah."
Carson Just Stood There Shaking. He Suddenly Turned To Me. "What Did You Say To Her?" He Growled.

            "What Makes You Think I Said Something" I Spat At Him.
             "You Always Ruin My Relationships"
             "Kaye Laini Deserves Better Then You"
Carson Swung At Me, I Ducked Quickly. I Swung At Him, Hitting Him In The Jaw.
             "Hey!" Lilly yelled. We Both Turned To Her. "You Two Fighting Isnt Going To Bring Her Back" She Yelled.
I Stood Up And Nodded "Shes Right"
             "Tell Us What You Said To Her" Lilly Said.
             "Fine. She Was Talking About how Cool It was That her and Carson were soul mates and I got to thinkin about how Carson had told other girls they were his soul mate"
             "Thats All?" Lilly Said
             "Then She Clarified What I Said With Lilly" I Finished.
             "I Was Right This Time. She Really Is My Soul Mate" Carson Looked At The Ring In His Hand. I Bit My Lip

I Looked At My Little Brothers Sad Expression. I Shouldn't Have Said Anything to her about the soul mate thing. I was starting to miss her.
             "Lets go find her" I Said.
             "You'll Help me?" Carson Asked.
             "Yeah As long as you'll get that sad expression off your face"
             "Thanks Bro" He Slapped Me On The Back.
            "No Problem."
Lilly Was Eyeing Me And Giving Me Weird Looks.

I went to the guest bed room that I had taken over. There was a small piece of paper on the pillow. I grabbed it and read it.
You were right.
The words on the paper were going through my head over and over. I needed to find her on my own. I Put the paper in my pocket and climbed down the house. I paused for a minute when I heard them enter my room
             "Where did he go" Lilly asked
             "That Jerk. I knew he would bail on helping" Carson yelled.
I smiled and kept going, I wasnt bailing, I was going to find her by myself.