Epilogue

Will, Pete, and Matthew went off to fight for their country in World War 2. Matthew was awarded with a medal of honour, for saving the lives of both his sons, and three other men from an explosion. He lost a leg in the explosion, but was highly respected by all who knew him. Pam grew up to be a fine lady, who married and had children of her own; Pete moved out of town to go to university, and Will stayed in his home town, and worked down at the butcher's. He became a strong young man, who worked hard, and eventually bought and owned a shop of his own.

Diana and Matthew lived together happily for the rest of their lives. They saved up enough to move out to the country to a small cottage, where they looked after Truffle, and bought other animals to care for. They were well liked, and grew old together, happy. They died hours apart, Matthew at the age of 99, and Diana at the age of 97. They passed away peacefully in their sleep. And their children? They're still alive today, the lasting memories of World War One. They celebrated 100 years since the war, but for them, and their parents, it was never truly over...

 ***

So this is is. It's finished. Finally finished.... I hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it. Thanks so much everyone. I will write another story, probably a fanfiction or poetry book. I also have another idea for a story which I think you'll like, so follow me to keep up to date!

Jaz Xxx

Hi guys! It's been a few months, and now I've updated wattpad and posted my new story; it's called 'Falling in and out of love,' please read and tell me what you think! Thanks Xx