Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Author's note: Wow.....Just, wow. The responses for the previous chapter have simply been amazing. I had no idea...that it would be so well received. Thank you so much, everyone. Moving on to the first order of business, there are some reviews that something that I had somewhat overlooked. Someone said that with all the speed that Naruto had, why didn't he finish it early instead of dragging on his matches?

Well, first of all, I did say that Naruto would be like his father. But I did not go through all of Naruto's character development for nothing. If he just ended it with Hiraishin, the previous chapters would have gone waste. I made Naruto more of an all rounded shinobi, an ideal shinobi like Kakashi. My Naruto won't be attacking each opponent head on like an idiot. He will be like Minato, analyzing each opponent until he has what he needs to defeat him. He dragged Neji's match on for obvious purposes. The reason he did not use hiraishin against Gaara from the beginning is that Gaara's defense would have prohibited him from doing so; even if he's faster than Lee, he would be wasting chakra and time. I opted to disable Gaara's sand first, followed by his ability to make more sand immediately.

Now that I have answered that, let's move one. Also, all of useless complaints have been dutifully ignored, and constructive criticism has been taken into consideration instead. Enjoy!

P.S: I have a feeling this chapter might end up being longer than even the previous one! But don't worry, I'll be finishing the invasion in this chapter!

P.P.S: I have been meaning to change the story's name for some time, but I have a doubt. Those who can answer my query, please do. If I change the story's name, will it still remain in the communities that it has been added to in the past, or will it be removed? Also, will it be difficult for people to search for it if I do? Please answer if you can.

Naruto watched with narrowed eyes as chaos seemed to make its presence known across the whole stadium in just a moment. 'No doubt about it. The invasion has begun. And most probably, this is not the only place that is being attacked. Oto and Suna shinobi would most likely be attacking the most vulnerable areas as well....like the academy.' His eyes narrowed at the last thought in silent anger.

It was a perfect strategy to kickstart Konoha's destruction. If they attack the foundation of shinobi in the village, the field where the future generation of shinobi were born and bred, Konoha would be absolutely crippled. The amount of time it would take to recover from such an attack would be so long that it wasn't even funny.

'I really hope ero-sennin is still in village. For now though, I have other things to concentrate on.' He sensed foreign chakra in his system, a genjutsu settling on him, trying to put him to sleep. A quick pulse of his chakra shattered the genjutsu, and just in time too. His danger sense rang in alarm, alerting him of a threat behind his back. He didn't need to turn around to find out what it was, he already knew.

Just as the arm of sand reached him, red lightning wildly danced around his body. Naruto ducked right under it, and spun on his heel, thrusting his right palm right into Gaara's chest. Only then he got a good look at what Gaara had transformed into.

His right arm had transformed into a giant claw of sand, which had purple lines, looking suspiciously like seal markings. His gourd seemed to have melted into sand, having spread over his right arm and his back. A huge tail had formed on his back, which Naruto deduced had enough swing force behind it to smack someone right into unconsciousness. Naruto then saw where he had struck and smirked. Gaara's chest was uncovered by the sand, exposed for all to strike.

He amped up the lightning, causing lightning to streak across Gaara's body. Gaara roared in pain, his muscles spasming and contracting against his will. On instinct, his tail swung around with devastating force to strike Naruto away. Naruto neatly backflipped away, and was up in his stance immediately, his Hiraishin kuni held in both hands, reverse grip.