Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Author's note: Thanks for all the reviews guys! Love them all! First order of business, Elder Sibling, sorry to disappoint but Naruto will remain on team 7 for the story to reach where I want it to go. Ky111, thank you for your words. Onto the main topic, I assume you have read the Dark Phoenix? If not, then please do! It's awesome! My point is, Naruto is looking like jonin level, but my standards are quite different. Naruto might seem jonin, but that doesn't mean Kakashi will be weak. Kakashi will be proportionately strong. Onto the story!

Naruto had a hard time sleeping that night, but he could hardly be blamed. He was officially a ninja! On top of that, he would meet his new teammates tomorrow, but he had a bad feeling about that. He tried to ignore it, which was easier done than said. The feeling was easily buried beneath the excitement he was feeling.

Over the years, his body had an internalized clock, which was very beneficial health wise, but unfortunately did not allow him to sleep more than seven hours, no matter how much he wanted to. At five in the morning, his eyes would snap open by themselves, his body having sufficiently rested itself and ready for the day. As was the case today.

Which is why he was so confused when he woke up at his regular time of five in the morning, not feeling any tiredness from the events of last night. While not complaining at the lack of tiredness, irritation slowly took hold of him, making him frown deeply. By all means, he should have easily slept till nine in the morning. One late arrival to class wouldn't hurt him at all.

'No use whining about it. Best start my day with the usual', he mentally grumbled and got out of bed. Quickly finishing his morning rituals and dressing up, he took two bananas and gobbled them up. He figured his irritation would be gone by the end of his morning run. Inside his mind, Kurama was trying to keep his sniggers from echoing in Naruto's mind. He had initially decided to let Naruto rest because of his late night, but his sense of mischief decided to manifest itself and he changed his decision. He let a larger amount of his chakra than usual in Naruto's body, just enough so Naruto would wake up at his usual time instead of his natural seven hours.

Stepping outside, Naruto felt the slightly chilly air of the morning. The sky was still dark, but it was perfect for him. A sudden thought struck to him, 'How about I run with my resistance seals off today? Get used to the normal speed. What do you say, Kurama?'

Kurama gave a yawn that reverberated through Naruto's mind. He forcefully clenched his jaw to prevent his own from happening. Kurama replied, 'It's a good idea. You should get used to running without seals every once in a while, Naruto. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to control your own speed. You would just speed past the place you intent to stop.'

Naruto nodded, agreeing with Kurama. He wondered if his father had the same problems, but pushed those thoughts aside. 'Best get used to it gradually', he thought. Making a ram seal, he lowered the resistance seal on his body from level 12 to six. The change was immediate; he felt really light and like the amount of energy in his body had doubled.

He started running and was surprised at his own speed. Kurama had been frighteningly accurate; he was currently running at a speed which children would call close to sprinting and the worrying part about the whole thing was, he wasn't even controlling it. 'At the end of this run, I will get used to this', he determinedly thought.

It took him almost five rounds of the village to get used to it and by the end of five rounds, he was comfortably running at the speed he usually ran, not having any feeling of being tired at all. 'I wonder if this feeling can be compared to freedom', he thought with a smile. 'Running without a care in the world, feeling as if nothing is holding you back.'

Eventually, he decided to sprint all out and once he started feeling tired, he would run without any resistance, getting used to running without it. After another one and a half lap of sprinting, he began panting and figured that the time was right to release the seal.