Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Author's note: Hey guys! Thank you for your reviews! First order of business, I understand there are some who didn't approve of Naruto using hiraishin in the last chapter, but I have my reasons. Some said that the shadow kunai would have done the job just as efficiently, but I made Naruto use hiraishin because those thugs weren't exactly incompetent and would have blocked the kunai with their weapons. Also, I needed Naruto to go through the entire process of killing so in the future and make peace with what he did so he doesn't hesitate to do what's right in the future in such situations.

To the guest who brought up his hair: Don't worry, his hair is still spiky. It's just wrapped up in a ponytail for now. He will change it later.

Infinity mask: Even though Naruto knows some very good jutsus, he doesn't have one that could wipe all the thugs in one go. He is still a genin, after all.

Douob: Naruto wouldn't have a personal favorite now. I based his attacking style in a way that is versatile. That is, he will do anything to gain advantage in a fight, not just stick to one thing. Also, the great change in plot will come soon. It's Naruto x Temari for a reason, isn't it?

Onto the story!

P.S: This chapter has some really crazy, unbelievable bullshit, so please bear with it.

The people of the town had rejoiced on knowing that Gato was finally dead and Tazuna could continue building his bridge in peace. The team returned to Tazuna's house to rest. Everyone had been running on adrenaline the whole fight, so after the high was over, everyone was notable exhausted.

Naruto had, much to Sasuke's extreme embarrassment, carried Sasuke back to Tazuna's house in bridal style, easily ignoring easy feeble attempts to let him go. When Sasuke had demanded Naruto to put him down, Naruto had smirked and in an all too innocent voice, said that Sasuke was too injured and as his teammate, it was Naruto's duty to help him. When Sasuke asked him why he didn't carry him like he did with Kakashi, Naruto smirked and replied, "I just felt like embarrassing you."

What Sasuke didn't know was that after the carnage that Naruto performed, he needed some form of relief. Unfortunately for Sasuke, comic relief always worked well for Naruto. Naruto had kept his amusement to himself, lest Sasuke reverted to sticking senbon in his body from just cursing like a sailor.

After that, things in the town were slowly getting back to normal. Naruto and Kakashi performed a raid at Gato's headquarters the night after the battle on the bridge, which they found out after asking for directions from the residents. They were surprised that many of them knew of the place, but avoided it due to fear.

They had ransacked the entire place, looking for the money they knew that Gato kept. It was actually a good distraction for Naruto, and a very beneficial one at that.

Flashback

Kakashi and Naruto entered the area of Gato, on full alert for any traps that lay ahead. They were here to find and confiscate all the money and valuables that Gato had earned over the years. Kakashi turned to Naruto.

"Alright Naruto, here is where we split. We probably don't have to worry about his thugs anymore because he brought them all to the bridge, but just in case there are, be on guard.

"You will be searching the main building, where the money is most likely kept. I will be scouring the warehouses. Since this country was not that rich to begin with, Gato would not be that interested in what it had to offer, instead letting his thugs have it and concentrating on his business. I will find the valuables and any evidence that can ensure that Gato's shipping company is shut down for good. All clear?"