Chapter 16

Chapter 16

AN: I know that I dropped a surprise by making Naruto sign the fox contract. But to be honest, I just don't see Naruto having a toad contract in my story. So to be on the safe side, you know, in case I decide to do Shippuden, I made him sign the fox contract. I already have a few ideas on the abilities of the sage mode, and they are badass. But we are getting off track. On a more important note, this will be my last update of the story for now. The next update will be after two weeks, since exams are coming up. Please bear with me. On a side note, some people seemed to appreciate that I added a reference from Apex Legends, but honestly, I have no idea what that is. On with the story!

Naruto and Jiraiya established a schedule for Naruto's training. Jiraiya would create two shadow clones along with Naruto. He would remain with the original, while the other two would practice in fuinjutsu and ninjutsu. Naruto was already master of fuinjutsu, so there was not much teach him that he didn't already know. Instead, they were working on new seals that he could use in the future. Not just in the chunin exams, but against other opponents as well.

Naruto's grasp on ninjutsu was pretty solid, not to mention his vast repertoire of them. He knew more C to B-rank jutsus rather than the A-ranks, and he used them very efficiently. He usually preferred using suiton and futon, but his katon and raiton were equally good. Jiraiya was training him in a B-rank fire jutsu, Katon: Honoo Sude (Fire style: Blazing hands). Since Naruto knew that his opponent was primarily a taijutsu type fighter, he would have to fight hand to hand at some point.

But Naruto knew that the Hyuga preferred to stick with their gentle fist. He already had a good repertoire of mid to long-range jutsus to fight. Also, he knew the gentle fist targeted the tenketsu, the points in chakra network that control the flow of chakra. But just like Tenten, Neji couldn't have found a worse opponent since Naruto didn't have a chakra network, so Neji's fighting style was already null and void. Add to the fact that the Hyuga see learning elemental jutsu beneath someone of their stature, and Neji is totally crushed.

The original Naruto was concentrating on increasing the speed of his reflexes in taijutsu against Jiraiya. Naruto found out on the first day of their training that Jiraiya was holding back a lot. Their routing was something like this: first, the Sannin would check whether Naruto's resistance seals were actually affecting him or not. Based on that, he would let it remain or change them to a higher level. Then he would tell him to just defend.

Naruto would have impressive bruises by the end of the defensive sessions. After half an hour of relaxation, in which his bruises would get healed, Naruto would be told to try and hit Jiraiya. And every single day for the first week, he was only able to hit the man five times at the most. Granted, his fighting style, the elemental fist, was as aggressive as it was defensive, not to mention had a minority of made up moves that he usually employed to finish a fight, he was still far from landing critical hits on the Sannin.

'Guess he isn't a Sannin in just name, after all,' Naruto thought as he relaxed in the onsen. Today was the first Saturday of the month, and he and Jiraiya did nothing but a small, time limited spar to evaluate Naruto's skills. Naruto had mastered the Blazing Hands in a total of just four hours, and spent rest of the week trying to incorporate it into his fighting style. Jiraiya had released him early because Naruto was to do his own training in the weekends. And Naruto planned to hit a long overdue task: his father's simulation room.

He had five more levels to go, and Naruto planned to hit four of them in the following four weekends. He was confident that he would be able complete with some, if not full ease. But he would worry about that later. Right now, Naruto felt nothing but exasperation along with resignation as he watched his godfather giggle perversely as he peeked onto the women's side of the bath. After their spar, Jiraiya had suggested they go to the onsen to relax. Naruto, the naïve idiot that he was, readily agreed, saying he could use a hot bath.