Chapter 24- Hiding

~~1 week later

Julia's P.O.V

I put on my black heels before walking out the door, stumbling a bit before gaining balance and going to the car. I nod to the new neighbor as he mows his lawn. Smoothing out my dress, I check my bag for everything.

Phone: Check

Wallet: Check

Keys: Check

Speech: Check

I throw my bag in the back seat and get into the drivers side. I take a deep breath, gosh why is this happening?

Why did this happen to me? Why did I have to plan this funeral? Why do I have to speak at it? Why wasn't it me? Why are there so many questions unanswered..

I start the car and get on my way, breathing deeply, not letting my make up be ruined. I run a hand through my hair, watching the road in front of me.

Everytime I think about it, it replays, or what I picture it as replays. The screams, the piercing screams.

I try to get rid of the horrible thoughts about this all of the time, but it just doesn't happen. When you're alone, when no one tells you it's okay to be upset, when all you want is someone to let you break down, to sit in their arms, let all your cries out, to let all of the pain out, it all comes back in the moments you know it will hurt the most.

I arrive ten minutes later, a lump already starting in my throat. I feel my face heating up, trying to tell myself I won't cry. I walk through the gate and into the small garden area where the service is being held. After a few minutes of last minute touch-ups, people start to come. A lot of people came, Sandra was only nice, she was everyone's friend.

I sat down and let the service begin, after a couple of minutes of a lady talking, she introduces me. My cue to come onto the raised platform.

I walk up slowly, flattening my black dress out once again. I feel my eyes get watery as I go up, clearing my throat and looking up at everyone in front of me.

Some people are crying.

Some people are sobbing.

Some people are just a little neutral, they probably weren't close to her.

Some people have little tears in their eyes, ready to spill.

But, nobody is happy. Nobody is ever happy in there situations, the mourning over the loss of someone valueable.

I look back down at my speech I had prepared, and set it on the ground, I probably won't need it anyway.

"I was Sandra's best friend, through thick and thin. Since we were nearly 12 years old, she always told me one thing, that she knew who I was going to be. She knew exactly how I would turn out, how I would live my life. For the most part, she was right. After now finding out that she was right about my life, I started paying attention to what she said, started listening. I have found out in the past week, that I will miss everything about Sandra. I went back and thought about everything we had been through, everything we were supposed to do together." I start to tear up, letting my tears flow freely, "Before I moved to London, she asked me to always remember her, or to never forget. I like to think of it as remembering, she will be forever remembered in all of our hearts, and in our memories. I can't say I won't miss her little quirks, because I will. I miss every piece of her already. All I can say now, is that I wish I took more photographs, had more laughs, had less fights, and cherished every moment. I know I didn't or else I wouldn't be here as upset as I am. I know, that if I had cherished it all, I would know I had gotten all I could have from our friendship and her life. Sandra Padilla, you are in my heart forever, and forever you will stay." I finish, before letting out a choked sob and getting off the platform. I sit back down in my seat as more and more people take the stage to tell about Sandra, how she made them feel, and how much she was loved.

~~~~ 2 Months Later

Harry's P.O.V

I can't stop thinking about her, every song we sing, every question I answer. I wish every text was from her, I wish she would make an effort to somehow let me know she was okay. To let me know she wasn't beating herself up.

I rest my head in my hands, rubbing my eyes, allowing myself to adjust to my surroundings.

We were in Los Angeles, 1 month left in out tour, I was dying to get to London. Dying to know she was okay. She was supposedly in L.A. right now also, but I had no intention of trying to find her in the public. Julia hadn't been seen in public since Sandra's funeral, those were the last pictures anyone has seen of her outside of a photoshoot, runway, or interview.

"Hello?" A masculine voice says on the other line.

"Hi, I am a book writer from New York, I am doing an official book on Julia Hayes. I was just wondering if I could know some things about her where abouts for the last 2 and half months?" I question, making up lie after lie.

"Oh, well you called the right person then, I am her publicity manager. What kind of things would you like to know?" He answers, I want to know everything, as much as you can give me.

"Just the simple, photoshoots, runway appearances, interviews, and public appearances she has had." I reply non-chalontly.

"It'll take a while to tell you everything, unless you just want numbers?"

"Numbers would be great." I answer, maybe too fast and eagerly.

"She's done 43 photoshoots, above average, actually more than any model has in such a short period of time. 13 runway appearances, including the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. 7 interviews, all of which have been located in the London area. Uh, 4 music video appearances. And... No public appearances. It's been all work no play for Ms. Hayes."

"So you're saying she hasn't been outside? She hasn't gone for coffee or gone out with a friend?" I ask, suprised, and now more curious as to why she hasn't had any friendly contact.

"That's what I'm saying, the most exciting thing that has happened, has been when Eleanor Calder showed up at her house, that's Louis Tomlinson's girlfriend."

"I know, any idea what Eleanor was doing there?"

"She was only there for five minute intervals, about once a week. She was only ever seen dropping off things. Erm, sir, you are getting rather deep into this aren't you?" He asks, suddenly not believing my act.

"That was all I needed, thank you!" I quickly say before hanging up.

So I lied to get information about her, no harm no foul. I didn't know how to feel when I heard that she wasn't going out, she wasn't spending time with anybody. Five minutes with Eleanor isn't spending time.

I haven't got the nerve to look at any work she's done. I've heard things, some aren't good. Apparently, her photos have been getting racy, bikinis, lingerie, that type of stuff. I don't want to see her sell her body. I heard she also got skinnier, if she wasn't skinny before, which she was, she is now.  I've heard good things though, she looks happier since Sandra left, but I can only picture it as an act.

I left her too, when she needed it the most. I didn't try to stay, I don't know what I was thinking.

I miss her so much.

(A/N): This was sort of a filler, sorry that it wasn't a good update! I'm also sorry for skipping time so much! I have things planned but they are all planned for different times! Next chapter will be a different time period also!  I'm sorrrryyy! I will also be updating more often for a little while, I'm on winter break now :)

I also wanted to let you know, I will be starting a new story soon! I'm getting close to the end of this one and I already have an idea for the next one. It will be called 'New Beginnings'!

I'm going to post a kind of preview soon, or maybe even the prolouge! I don't know! Next chapter will be here soon for ATYS :)

~Sami Xx