chapter seven

HAVING REGULUS BLACK as a friend was turning out to be much different than Jackie Harmon would have ever expected

....HAVING REGULUS BLACK as a friend was turning out to be much different than Jackie Harmon would have ever expected. He had never seemed to have many people to look out for him and she had never thought that it bothered him much but now she wondered if maybe all this time he had actually been lonely.

Oddly enough he molded into their group faster than anyone would have ever expected. As Autumn faded into Winter, he gradually became more and more comfortable with each girl in colossally different ways.

Cordelia and Regulus morphed into what was rather like a brother and sister dynamic. When they spent time together, they could be heard before they were seen. Constantly arguing and taunting each other, Jackie watched in wonder as the boy showed a totally new playful side.

Benny had turned Regulus into her wingman, much to his despair. Reg would shoot Jackie a pleading look every time the tall girl dragged him to introduce her to a pureblood witch that had absolutely no interest in the muggleborn girl.

Elizabeth had alternatively turned Regulus into her muse. She had very little experience in using her sewing skills on male fashion and so she was quickly adding to his wardrobe a plethora of painfully bright clothes that he would never be convinced to actually wear.

But it was Jackie he was closest with. He felt as though their auras just fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. They didn't talk as much as he did when he was with the others because they really didn't need to. They soon learned each other's dictionary of facial expressions and body language and could have entirely wordless conversations using just looks.

Usually they read together or studied together in a pleasant silence. Whatever they were doing, they liked to be together. When he wasn't there, she really missed him, even if it was from just being apart for a few hours. For Jackie that should have been the first sign of trouble on the horizon.

Sometimes Regulus' male counterparts would join them. And how Jackie hated that. They weren't his friends like she and the girls were, they were more like his colleagues. The sight of Malfoy, Nott and Snape inserting themselves into situations that they weren't welcome to made her skin crawl.