hair(sister)

Requester: N/A
Prompt: #1, "Your hair is so soft..."
Gender: M/F
Word Count: 409

"Do you think there's a version of us out there that actually gives a fuck?"

You look over at the woman beside you, half dressed in armour, same as you. She's leaning back on her elbows, staring up at the sky wistfully. You shrug mildly.

"Dunno. Maybe. I think that if there was, then they'd be pretty lame. I like us the way we are." You laugh quietly. She hums.

"Yeah, you're right. Who gives a heck about anything anymore. It's just kind of... Boring. To care." She looks out over the long expanse of the canyon. You follow her gaze. Tucker and Caboose are arguing in the distance, with Sheila close by. Probably something to do with who gets to drive her. Suddenly, you see Tucker's helmet turn towards the two of you. You look away quickly.

"Man, that guy Tucker can be a real jerk, you know?" Sister seems to read your thoughts. You nod a little.

"He's always butting into conversations he doesn't belong in. It's kind of annoying," you add. You scoot closer to Kay, and she puts her arm around you.

"I'm really glad I've got you here, (Y/N)," she says softly. "These guys would drive me up a wall otherwise."

"Bow chicka bow wow!" The voice cuts into the conversation, causing you and Kay to jump and turn around, readying your weapons. You relax when you see it's just Tucker, and glare angrily at the male.

"Ugh. Go away, Tucker," Kay says, rolling her eyes. Tucker laughs, shaking his head.

"No way, I wanna get in on this!" He says, flopping down next to Kay. She puts up with his presence for all of five seconds before she gives him a hard shove off the roof of the base.

"Oh, fuck!" Tucker cries as he falls, landing with a thump on the ground. "That hurt, bitch!"

"Good," Kay says angrily. You reach up and pet her hair softly, trying to calm her down subtly. She turns suddenly, but immediately stops when she sees it's just you. You see her entire demeanor change as she gives you a smile, and eases into the petting.

"Your hair is so soft..." You whisper quietly, almost amazed at it. She laughs lightly, and you smile, and curl into her side.

"Thanks, (Y/N). I put a lot of effort into it," she says, and you know she's dead serious. But that's what makes it all that much better.