eighteen // savior

You push the cold feeling in your neck away as you desperately try to kick in your cell door. It was marked as the solitary confinement section, and you were marked as prisoner 40, which meant your mom and Hopper were about 23 cells away. The door was heavy and fire proof, as predicted, but one beauty secret you had picked up from sleepovers with Max was going to unpredicted by the Russians. You pull a wire bobby pin from your back pocket. Max had perfected the art of lock picking ever since her brother Billy started locking her out, she said. The metal was bent in a sturdy yet flexible manner, allowing you to pick through the handcuffs on your wrist. Manipulating the guy on the other side of the cell should be easy. "Hey you, If you know what's good for you, unlock the cell." You tell the officer. "Shut up, kid." Carefully, you reach your hand out to poke through the bars. You concentrate on his mind, his energy, and attempt to read through his fogged brain. Mind reading was much harder than using Pyrokenesis, so blood dripped hard down the front of your shirt and onto the concrete floor as you finally hit the jackpot. "Nadia." You say, "That's your daughters name." You focus your energy harder now, desperately trying to make an image from his panicked thoughts. "She's 7 years old, and she loves American Barbie dolls. She's a cute girl, and she loves when you take her to get Ice cream on Sundays." The guard looses his balance and falls to his knees. "H-How-." "If you don't release me, I know your house address. And trust me, I keep up my promises. I'm going back to Russia anyways, probably." Of course hurting a child is something you'd never do, and going back to Russia would never be a first choice considering the entire government is after you, but he deserves a good scare for imprisoning a child like you. Next thing you know, the cell gate is wide open and his pleading for his life on his knees. "Go, and stop cheating on your wife, for god sake, don't think I didn't see that also." He runs away as you wipe the blood quickly off your nose. With the mind flayer fight  outside, it's obvious to the troops in the prison area are low rank and in low numbers; which makes things much easier to manipulate. You sneak around the cells, eyeing for Hoppers section. 35, 28, 25, 20, .... 17. As you approach the cell stealthily, your foot lands on an alarm. Multiple guards begin to surround you as you inch closer to the cell. 3 newbie guards, and they looked scared shitless. One starts to pull a stun gun from his belt, and as you raise your hand to defend yourself with your fire your stomach drops.
Using your mind reading powers is extremely difficult, Brenner had made sure of that.

One day, about 3 years into your imprisonment, you had attempted to read Brenners mind, for the sake of an escape. You tried to read his mind for possible open doors and unlocked cells; but within seconds he had you completely figured out. Your mind reading power was enlisted as a dangerous secondary power, that wasn't to be used unless correctly authorized by Brenner himself. Add that to low training in the area and you realize why your vision is going slightly blurry and foggy, and why your head pounds with more blood than usual starts to drip down your nose unlike it did for your firepower's.

Nevertheless, your pyrokenises never fails you; and you find yourself trudging along the final hallways, with dead guards scattered on the floor, closer than ever to Hopper and your mom. A part of you is scared. How would you even speak to them, considering their mental state; and your mom, who hadn't the slightest idea of what the upside down is, how would she react to running away from giant monsters as you shoot literal flames out of your hands? Your heart beat quickens, but you find yourself stumbling over your own feet, and crashing sideways into a cell besides you.

At this point, the world is turning and looping in endless circles and colors, and it feels like the one time you smoked weed with Max, but much, much worse. Then, with a horrible feeling in your gut, you throw up. Blood is mixed in with it, and you struggle to lean up against the wall to get up again. Someone has fired all the alarms now, and someone's realized your cell was empty, because the halls of the cells now echo with the footsteps of troops calling out your name. With a wipe with your sleeve, you trudge on, edging closer and closer to the cells you desire.