tweleve // transmitter

Max nervously took a seat in front of the adults. Elle had been ushered out of the room once more, and she wasn't happy that Elle was being treated like some kind of child, but she knew why it was nessescary. "Muary.. You know Russian right?" He nodded in response. Max sighed and slapped the bracelet down on the table. Will made a small noise besides her, he obviously had recognized it as Y/Ns. "I have reason to believe that Y/N is working with the Russians."

You walked home after the thanksgiving meal that day, the scene with Elle replaying over and over. You felt so sorry, knowing exactly the kind of pain Elle had gone through, and what were you doing? Continuing it? On that walk home, you debated even finishing this job, what if you just decided to run away to another country and leave the mission behind? What if you just killed Brenner once and for all? Now crying, you pull yourself into an alley and collapse to the floor. You in essence could start a war, if you kill the Russians, the government will never stop looking for you, if you capture Elle, you'll have to watch everyone else suffer, knowing it was you. If you don't, that monster could potentially get out again, and there's no way you or Elle could fight it alone.
You didn't care if you lived or died, but you care that they had her.
Your mother.
Your sweet mother who just loved to cook and bake, your sweet mother who had no idea what was coming when she married an up and coming biologist drowning in student debt.
You wonder if Elle had a mother too.  Jane was Elles real name. According to the files the woman was alive, but really, after what Brenner has done to your mom, you hated to even imagine what he did to hers. That awful, awful man.

Then the cold feeling was back, snapping all of your physiological thoughts back into place, once again your motivation and drive to kill that damn mind flayer was back. I have to radio the base. But as the cars passed, you were still a while from home. You reached down to your wrist, feeling for the transmitter bracelet in the dark. You felt all of your other bracelets are usual but gasp in shock when you realize the transmitter bracelet isn't there. Last time you had it...... was at Max's sleepover, the night you were supposed to take Elle. Your heart drops.

"What? Y/N? that random girl that Wills always making googly eyes at? Stop joking guys." Steve says, laughing and rolling his eyes. "I'm serious dipshit!" Max says and the room grows quiet again. "It's not... That can't be right..." Will muttered underneath is breath. "Really Will? Stop being in denial." Lucas says, standing up, "Why don't you tell everyone what happened a few hours ago, or about how when the cold feeling started she came to Hawkins, or maybe you want to tell them about the time that-." Suddenly static interrupted their bickering. It came directly from the bracelet. It was a black bracelet, about as thick as a watch, but on the underside of it had a smaller speaker and button. Everyone paused to look down on it, and carefully Max pressed the button down. More static. And then a voice. The voice was yelling urgently, almost  like if it was barking orders. "He said .... he said code 35. It's a secondary emergency code.. I think." Muray said quietly, now realizing this was not a fun thanksgiving prank. Everyone stood agape, in shock that their "friends" bracalet had just spoken. Joyce grabbed the bracelet, almost throwing it to the wall. "THAT BITCH! I TRUSTED HER LIKE ONE OF MY OWN!""MOM! SHES JUST A KID!" Eyes fell to Will again. He stood up, defending her. "I know you know it too, Max." He said, his eyes beginning to water. "Why the FUCK are you defending her! She could of killed all of us by now! Even you! She knows about Elle now! Do you not realize how stupid you sound!" Jonathan screams at him. "BUT SHE HASNT! She's had every chance, but she hasn't. She cares about-." "SHE DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOU! GET THAT FUCKING FANTASY OUT YOUR HEAD WILL!" At this point, Elle had woken up from a nap to hear the ruckus from the wheelers basement. "What's going on?" She asked sleepily. "SHE COULD HAVE KILLED ELLE, TAKEN HER BACK TO THEM! WE HAVE TO GET RID OF HER." Mike screamed, moving to Elle in a sense to protect her. "Well, I'm not fucking surprised Mike, all you ever care about is your stupid girlfriend right? Let me have a little empathy for Y/N!" Will spat back. He moved towards the door and started to leave. "Will!" Joyce said, trying to grab his arm. "You can't go out there alone, not when she's out there too!" "STOP MOM! You act like she's some kind of fucking monster! The real monsters are YOU,  planning to kill a kid with a past probably just like Elles, The real monsters are YOU, keeping Hopper locked away and alone like that, not even BOTHERING to tell Elle that he's even still alive; keeping such a hurtful secret like that proves Y/N isn't the only one without dirty secrets here!" The room goes quiet again as he begins to open the door to leave. "Is..Is that..true?" Elle says to Mike quietly. Mike doesn't move, just swallows, and to Elle that is enough to answer her question. Her face twists to anger and tears stream down her face as she balls her fists. "Look babe, i'm sorry we-." "SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!" She pulls her arm away from him and heads upstairs, a slam of her door and everyone knows she's upset and locked herself in the bathroom. "Do what you want, kill her for all I care, but she's a kid still, just like the rest of us." Will says finally, slamming the door shut behind him, leaving the adults and teens to stand there paralyzed in shock.

You're shaking violently shaking now. Maybe Max found the bracelet and knows exactly what is it, or maybe it's still sitting there on the counter where you left it. Either way, you begin sprinting to Max's , the bright moon in the night being your only light. They can't find out. They can't. They can't find out . He can't find-

Next thing you know someone grabs you by the throat, pulling you into the back alley. You're too shaken up and panicky to use your self defense techniques in time, and as they crash you against the wall you realize this persons tactics are similar to General Adricks. It must be him. "GENERAL! IM SO SORRY! I HAVE SOMETHING URGENT, I THINK THE GIRL-." Suddenly your hands are tied behind your back with rope and the mans hood falls. This was not Adrick. This was a homeless white man, teeth decaying of Meth, probably in his 60s. The combat skills were probably picked up from the war. "Ah, you know Russian too huh, princess. Gives me another reason to cut your pretty face in half." He says, and you squirm as his hand goes up your skirt, pulling at your underwear. The man cups a hand to your mouth, shushing you, and begins to unzip his own pants. With shaking hands you realize you can't reach for your pocket knife with your hands, as they are tied right around your back, and the only option would to use your powers. This is the first time you've used them without brenners permission, but you were not about to sit this one out and get assaulted. I can't believe I let my guard down in a state of panic. You think, beginning to channel your energy towards the man. The man is about to grab you inappropriately again when his hand begins to burn. You smirk, kicking him in the stomach as he screams in pain. His clothes continue to burn upwards, and he was wearing flammable items which caught fire quickly. He continued to burn and burn before you. "That's prep for the fire of hell, motherfucker!" You spit at him as he continues to burn to the ground. Blood drops down your nose and you let it. It's been too long since you've let the blood run free. Remembering to stay calm and collective, you exit the alley, Time to get my bracelet back. I have to cover up this mission, no matter the cost. You break out in a run towards the end of valley, and then see him.

Will Byers stands there. Shock and tears in his eyes. He seems paralyzed as he stares between the dead man burned to a crisp on the floor, and your tied up hands behind your back. The two of you stare at eachother like deers in headlights. "Y/N... you... you just..killed him." he stammers, clearly in shock. "Will! Wait I can explain I-." Suddenly the cold feeling in your neck is back, but stronger than ever. Even stronger than before. This is bad, really bad. Something is very wrong in the Upside down. You snap up to the sound of Will falling to the floor,  passing out from the combined effects of the shock and the previous ordeal. This mission is about to get a lot tougher.