14- Finally Friday

It was finally Friday. Hermione had eaten as everything was normal all day, and finally made it to dinner. Only Hermione and Theo sat there, in front of each other eating in a comfortable silence.

He liked it.

Theo noticed she kept looking back at the Gryffindor table.

"Hermione," She turned to look at him, jumping slightly. "I just want to leave you with a small quote," She listened to him closely.

"Love can be a gust of wind, or the lightest breeze."

And with that he picked up his fork. Before Hermione could process what he had said, Ginny, Blaise, Pansy and Draco sat down in their usual seats. Draco next to Hermione, Blaise next to Draco, Pansy next to Theo and Ginny next to Pansy.

She picked up her fork and played with her food for a bit. What did he mean? 'Love can be a gust of wind, or the lightest breeze?' Did she feel light when she was with Ron? Did she feel like she was floating when she was with him? No. Did her heart and ears pound every time she was near him? Did she feel like she got hit in the chest when he'd smile at her? No.

She frowned slightly at her plate.

"Good night. Ginny," Hermione nodded to her and she nodded back understanding what was going to happen tonight. She got up and looked to Pansy. "Pansy." She did it for her and smiled faintly, leaving.

She looked to Ron and he wasn't seen. If she didn't know Ron was cheating and he kept ignoring her like this she would of broken it off already.

She walked slowly down the cold corridors of Hogwarts. Small chatter could be heard amongst the portraits, of all these different people with all these different lives. Did they used to have someone they loved with all they had? Did they have redamancy?

She hummed to herself faintly.

Draco feels like a gust of wind.

But, it wasn't in the way Theo was talking about, surely? It was in a bad way, a way that made her angry or upset.

She'd never seen him smile or paid attention to how he did before but when he'd joke with his friends she'd noticed now, more than ever. His smile made her happy. Wasn't that enough?

***

"Pansy, we have to hurry and meet up with Hermione." Ginny whispered and she nodded.

"Goodnight guys." Pansy smiled to them. Ginny waved at them and they jogged out together towards the courtyard, where they were supposed to meet Hermione and go down the hill to hide behind another tree.

Ginny was happy. Finally Hermione was going to break up with Ron and focus on herself and her happiness. She couldn't wait to see Hermione give him what he absolutely deserved, and once she saw him kiss another girl, their mother was certainly going to hear about this.

"Ready?" Pansy said rubbing the side of Hermione's arm as comfort.

"Now or never." She told them and they walked down and hid behind the tree opposite from the big tree, where Blaise and Theo hid.

It was a little before curfew so they brought snack and cards to play together until after curfew, and finally, two people came down the hill, not side by side, but in a line.

"Guys!" Ginny said tapping Hermione's shoulder roughly and they looked towards them. The first figure was a girl, that same Gryffindor girl, and then came Ron. Hermione put her head behind the tree, she already knew what was going to happen. Her heart beat fast and was having trouble breathing. He could of just broken it off with her, why did he have to go out of his way to cheat on her and treat her horribly?

She looked around the tree and sure enough they were kissing against the big tree. She took out her wand.

"Oh- snap." Pansy said nudging Ginny to look at Hermione. They gave her a smile and she went towards them.

She was Hermione Granger, she wasn't going to be pushed around by some sod who didn't respect or appreciate her. They'd been friends since they were little but Ron still fat shamed girls, and his personality never got any better. She should of left him right at the start of school.

She came up behind them and the girl happened to open her eyes in shock, pushing Ron off her.

"What's wrong?" Ron asked her and her eyes stayed on Hermione's. He turned around and looked at her, wide eyed. Now he'd done it.

"Funnunculus!" Hermione said to her, and her nose started to break out in fungi-like boils. Sure, she should of been focusing on Ron, but Hermione knew for a fact the girl knew he was Hermione's boyfriend.

"Bloody hell! Why'd you do that for?" Ron asked approaching her.

"Oppugno!" And suddenly, spiders grew from the ground, all sorts of sizes, chasing Ron away. The girl leaned on the tree comforting her nose.

"Get out of my sight before I do something worse to you." Hermione told her and the girl had her head down, running away towards the castle.

Hermione sighed shakily and made her way to the edge of the lake, her friends followed.

"That was so cool!" Ginny exclaimed patting her on the back.

"Yeah! But are you alright?" Pansy asked.

Hermione stayed silent, breathing.

"I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my head." She said, staring ahead at the still lake. Ginny and Pansy engulfed her into a hug.

"I'm happy for you." Ginny said and they hugged tighter. They sat down at the edge of the lake skipping rocks, in a comfortable silence.

So Malfoy was telling the truth, and he didn't lie. He actually cared about her. But she was a bit scared somehow of what he'd cause for her. He had already hurt her feelings by calling her a Mud-blood, he glared at her and she always glared back. It seemed like he cared at times and then, it would get switched off. She hadn't even told her friends of what happened when he pulled her under their potions desk or their first kiss in an empty classroom. Maybe she wanted to keep it that way, and forget about it.