3- Punishment

They stood outside, the girls in a group to one side glaring at the boys while the boys looked content, smirking.

McGonagall took a deep breath.

"Now tell me what happened." She said calmly, all of a sudden they broke out talking over each other.

"He's the one who drew his wand first-" Theo lied.

"-I was getting harassed by Malfoy, like a rag doll!-"

"-Maybe because you are one!" She looked at him disbelievingly.

"-I took an opportunity to have fun and I did not regret it, whatsoever!-"

"-I was just asking if he was okay because I'm a nice person! Y'know, turning a new leaf!-"

"-I have no idea why they were even laughing in the first place-"

"-Not my fault I get flustered around pretty girls!" Theo said, but everyone stopped talking and they had heard him. McGonagall looked at him wide eyed.

They all looked at him and Blaise and Draco started laughing uncontrollably. Pansy looked at him sympathetically while Ginny looked at the floor awkwardly. Hermione was glaring at Draco the whole time.

Blaise huffed "I-I can't breath-"

While they were laughing McGonagall saw Theo getting out his wand and stopped him. "Mr Nott! Put that wand away if you know what's good for you!" And Blaise and Draco stopped laughing and composed themselves.

McGonagall threw them a sarcastic smile and looked to the girls. "Since the girls are more trust worthy, I will have them tell their side first." She drawled. Ginny started.

"We came in late because of a problem with our carriages and sat down-"

Pansy continued. "-and Nott looked sick so I just asked if he was okay, and if he wanted a teacher-" Pansy huffed shaking her head.

"Then all of a sudden Malfoy and Zabini started obnoxiously laughing-" Hermione said, shooting a glare at them.

"Hey!" Blaise said, trying to hold in his laugh.

She continued. "-Malfoy couldn't just control himself and he kept shoving me in my chair roughly, just from laughing?-"

"-I knew boys were rough, but rough while laughing?" Ginny added in, giving an unamused look at Blaise and he winked back at her.

"-Then Nott just slams the table and gets up and points his wand at them, they stop laughing and stand on the chairs trying to get a laugh, I suppose-" Hermione tried.

"-it was pretty funny, wasn't it?" Draco interrupted her, nudging Blaise and Theo, chuckling.

"You could of gotten someone hurt." She told him seriously.

"-Everyone is a capable wizard or witch, Granger." He rolled his eyes.

"Not the first years!" She said narrowing her eyes at him.

"-Oh yeah, forgot about those incapable muggle borns." Draco said rolling his eyes.

"That's enough!" There was a short pause with the students glaring at each other. "Continue, Ms Granger." McGonagall glared at them.

Hermione huffed and ran her fingers through her hair. Her hair looked beautiful, soft, smooth, she looked beautiful flustered, he thought silently. He bit his lip and glared at the floor, pocketing his hands.

"Then we all got up and took out our wands to try and stop them, then you came and here we are." She finished in slightly sad tone, looking at the floor and putting her hands in her pockets. Pansy and Ginny looked sadly at her.

McGonagall sighed. "Care to add anything, boys?" And they shook their heads, smirks on their faces. "Well then, I hope you know that you boys will in fact receive a punishment." She said, and they nodded understandably. "I will inform you of your punishment later, good night, go in and eat." She said tiredly and shooed them away.

The six scurried off, the boys went to their seats immediately and dug in, laughing about what had happened on the first day. The three girls went in and made their way to the Slytherin table, that is until someone called their names.

"Hermione! Ginny!" Ron called and waved them over. Ginny shook her head at him telling him they would meet up with him later, and dragged her friends back to their seats at Slytherin, with Pansy. She smiled and they sat down beginning to eat.

But Hermione saw the look on his face when they didn't listen to him.

"Hermione." Ginny finished her chicken. "I just think, it's about time you leave him and start focusing on yourself." The boys didn't dare look at the girls and silently ate.

"Where is this coming from all of a sudden?" Hermione asked, slightly nervous. Pansy didn't talk as she knew it wasn't her place, and they had just become friends.

"You know where." Ginny rolled her eyes and put down her fork, grabbing Hermione's hand from across the table. "I just think, you need to stop putting up with him." She said, tracing small shapes on Hermione's hand.

Hermione looked down at her food sadly.

So? Ron was controlling at times, it was just because he loved her. Although he didn't say he loved her yet, she knew it was out of love... Any person in a relationship would act like Ron did to her, right?

Hermione shook her head. "He lost his brother, he's going through a hard time-"

"-I was his sister too!" Ginny whispered tiredly. "-And I'm fine, because I know Fred wouldn't of wanted you, his sister to be treated like this by his own brother!" She huffed in a low voice, careful to not draw attention.

Hermione nodded to herself silently. "Okay, I'm done eating, I'll be off to bed. Goodnight Pansy, Ginny." She said getting up and making her way to the Gryffindor common room. She walked for a while, that was until, a warm arm grabbed her wrist and spun her around.

"What were you doing? Why didn't you come to me when I told you to?" Ron demanded, rather calmly.

"I just wanted to spend more time with Pansy, my new friend." Hermione said to him cautiously.

"She's not your friend, she never will be, not when she's literally in the Slytherin house, spawn of evil-"

"Ronald, just because there are more evil people in the Slytherins than good people, does not make them all evil. There are evil people everywhere! Just less in the other houses. It doesn't matter what house you're in, just how you were raised-"

"If Malfoy was in the other houses, I guarantee he'd still of treated you like utter garbage!" He huffed.

"What does Malfoy have to do with this?"

"I saw you guys, sitting next to each other closely!" He retorted angrily.

"Ron- He was the first ever to call me a Mudblood, my first bully. I was just sat next to him by chance." She said tiredly. "-and you of all people should know, that his pureblood family had brainwashed him into silly ideals." She said pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Don't defend him, don't make me ignore you for the rest of the year!" He threatened.

"Fine, I'm sorry Ron, but I'm really tired, let me sleep please."

He stayed silent.

"Good night." She said but he turned and went back to the great hall.

She sighed and continued her way down to her common room slowly. It wouldn't be so bad if she got ignored by Ron. She thought she'd maybe he happy, finally be able to relax, put her head back and sleep peacefully. But not in this life.