10- Lies or Truth

Draco woke up late, just before lunch. He couldn't sleep at all, with the new information and Hermione Granger stuck in his head.

He was unsure his whole life about good and bad, but now he got to have his first ever experience without his family's dictatorship, choosing to do what he wanted.

Now Draco wanted to do the right thing, he had a small infatuation with her, and wanted to be around her more, without being creepy.

The right thing was to tell Granger of what he saw last night.

She had been understanding in the bathroom yesterday. She made him feel like he could say anything to her, spilling his heart out.

He hoped a small part of her tolerated him and his behaviour, or at least liked him back.

He had always read of redamancy, when someone truely liked you back, and it was true love. He knew it was all fake, it was only in the books. People say they had experienced it but Draco had to see it with his eyes. For all he knew, they could be lying in their books. It just sounded too good to be true.

He started getting dressed in jeans and a dark blue jumper. He went to the mirror and made his hair presentable, putting on his rings on his right hand. His friends weren't in and he assumed they went outside together so he went down to lunch because it was nearly time. He got there and only his friends were there, not Granger, not Weasley, and not Parkinson. He didn't see Ronald either. He sat down and talked to his friends, and told them he had to do something. His friends smiled to themselves.

He walked around trying to look for her. He went to the library and it was nearly empty. He walked to the great hall a few times but saw that she had not arrived. He finally went to the courtyard and was about to leave when he saw three girls sitting on a bench, under a tree. The girl in the middle was being comforted by her friends, but the girl in the middle wasn't crying, just had a sad face. He recognised her as Granger and her friends on either side of her. Why was she upset? Did she find out about Weasley? She was upset right now and distracted, if he took a look into her mind she wouldn't feel it, maybe just the urge to cry because of the sudden flow of memories.

He looked at her and concentrated, and looked into her mind. It only took a second but he now knew why she was upset. Weasley had seen him run after her and come back at the very last minute of breakfast with her hair and clothes a mess. Draco felt bad. She was just trying to help him and didn't care if she was presentable or not, and he made it difficult for her. In the common room that night Weasley had screamed at her right in her face and she was scared of him. She had tried telling him but didn't want to hear it after she said 'Malfoy'. Then Ginny had come down and pushed Ron away, and he went up to his room in anger, glass shattering after he closed the door.

Draco turned away and made his way to his room. On Monday when she felt better, he'd tell her.

***
2 Days Later: Monday

"Granger!" Draco yelled but she kept walking.

"Granger turn around!" He caught up to her and held her arm but she roughly pushed him away.

"I already helped you, alright? Now get away from me all you're causing is trouble!" She told him and turned but he pushed her into an empty classroom, locking the door.

"I have something to tell you." He told her as she struggled to break free of his grasp. She stopped struggling slightly and looked up at him.

"I saw Weasley kiss someone else." He told her simply and she stopped struggling completely.

"He'd never." She told him.

"I saw him on Friday, behind the big tree at the lake with a girl that I'd never seen before, blonde-ish hair." He told her and her eyes widened. She knew exactly who he was talking about. The Gryffindor girl a year below them that he sat next to in the Great Hall when Hermione didn't sit next to him, and that was always. She quickly composed herself.

"If you don't believe me, go there next Friday after curfew." He told her and she stayed silent, and looked at the ground thinking. He was still holding onto her.

"He's embarrassing you, making a fool out of you. You're smarter than that." He whispered seriously to her. "You deserve way better-"

"-what? You mean like yourself?" She spat and pushed him off. He stumbled back into a table and straightened himself. She was breathing heavily.

"Like I'd be with you." He said harshly fixing his school robes.

Her eyes widened slightly and her ears were beating. She made her way to him. "You've been out for me since day 1, why would I believe you when all you do is cause trouble for me!" She said accusingly at him.

He leaned in to her also.

"I saw him kissing her behind the tree and if you don't believe me then that's your stupid problem, Mud blood." He spat down on her.

"Mud blood?" She asked, her face screwed up in confusion.

"Yeah- Mud blood." He said leaning into her face slightly. His eyes flickered from her eyes to her lips.

"I thought you actually changed." She said slowly to him, leaning in dangerously close. "Wouldn't expect anything more-" She hit his chest angrily. "-from a stupid-" She hit his chest hard again with her fists."-stupid Death Eater!-" He grabbed her fists tightly and leaned in, capturing her lips. He kissed her and she kissed back angrily. He pushed her onto the wall. The kiss was mixed with anger and frustration, it was hungry. Hermione had never been kissed like this before. Her and Ron kissed sometimes, but kissing Draco even if it wasn't loving, was ten times better.

Hermione had had enough and pushed him back again into a table. She was the one kissing someone else now. But if Ron had actually been kissing that girl like Malfoy told her, then she didn't mind kissing him to spite Ron. He watched her, catching his breath while she wiped her lips huffing angrily.

"You infuriate me." She spat at him leaning on the wall, trying to catch her breath. "I absolutely loathe you." She glared at him and tried to pick up her things that had fallen on the floor.

She bent down and faced her back towards him.

"You infuriate me, but I know you don't loathe me." He scoffed and made his way behind her. "I mean, why else did you kiss back?" He spat and she stood up and turned, but he'd already gone and slammed the door. She put her back against the wall and touched her lips softly with the tip of her fingers.