6- The Corner

"Hey Ron." She gave him a fake smile.

He completely ignored her and got straight to the point.

"I just don't get it. We're boyfriend and girlfriend, wouldn't you want to be partners together?" He asked crossing his arms, his face slowly becoming red.

Hermione hated the concept of boyfriend and girlfriend, merlin, how childish it sounded.

"Ron, I know you just want to be my partner so you could get out of class earlier." She said raising an eyebrow, she was bored.

"I mean- yeah, that is one of the reasons. But I want to be near you." He said moving in closer to her. She felt kind of disgusted.

"I feel used Ron, I don't feel loved." She said and pushed him away lightly.

"L-Loved?" He said nervously. She nodded like it was obvious.

"Yeah.. Yeah... love. I care about you, of course." He tried convincing her he loved her. But he didn't. Love? Why would he want love? Sounded too contained for his liking, it seemed like she was rushing to him and that she was pressuring him. He huffed and turned away from her, not telling her goodbye.

Hermione looked at him confused, and made her way outside to lay in the grass reading, and waited for Dinner to come.

She put her arm on her eyes.

"...you deserve way better.."

Malfoy had said that to her, her of all people! Even he, a rude person who probably still hated her heritage, gave her advice and even told her that she deserved better. Everyone around her had told her but she ignored. Ron hadn't done anything wrong, really. He'd acted like a jerk when they were younger, it was normal. Right?

She groaned and rolled on her stomach, frowning into the grass.

"I think that's bad for your face." Ginny said. Pansy giggled as Hermione turned over to look up at them.

"What are you doing?" Pansy asked.

"Thinking.. just thinking.. I'm really hungry, I think it's time for dinner, let's go!" Hermione said trying to not get asked questions and lead them to the great hall tiredly. They noticed but didn't ask, as they sat on the Slytherin table in their usual seats. Draco noticed her slump tiredly in her seat and start eating slowly. He looked over at her.

She looked gorgeous, but he knew she looked a bit tired. Why? But it didn't matter, he could look at her face all day. He heard giggles from his right, Theo and Blaise. Draco glared at them and ate.

"Draco and-" Blaise started to sing but Draco roughly pushed him back so he fell to the floor. Theo got up and started laughing at him. They all received stares.

"He-He just attacked you because he was about to say Gr-" Theo doubled over, but Draco reached across the table and pulled him in by his shirt.

"You utter those next words and you'll simply regret it." Draco threatened. Theo looked at him drunklike and tried giving him a kiss on the cheek, earning a few laughs from the three girls beside them. Draco shoved him back and Blaise composed himself.

"You almost got us all in trouble again." Ginny rolled her eyes at them.

"What did you even fight about this time?" Pansy asked and Theo opened his mouth, happy to answer but Draco glared at him and he closed it. Hermione saw this and eyed Draco weirdly. He signalled for the boys to get up and they rolled their eyes, getting up. Blaise winked at Ginny who smiled ever so slightly, while Theo stared at Pansy.

"Nott- are you okay? Your friends are already at the door. Do I have something on my face?" Pansy said touching her face.

"Yeah, you do." Theo said smiling and Pansy frowned. "Where?!"

"No no I mean! Of course you have something on your face, you know, your eyes, lips, nose.." He rambled on listing them on his fingers and the girls looked at him with slightly opened mouths. "..really beautiful too." He finished and put his hands on his hips, looking down at the three girls proudly. Ginny gave him a thumbs up and he returned it happily. Hermione choked on her food laughing.

"Theodore!" Blaise yelled and he panicked and ran out the great hall. Pansy turned to her friends and gave them a weird look.

"I think he's sweet, like you said." Ginny nodded and dug into her food.

"He thinks your beautiful, that's nice." Hermione said lovingly, sighing.

 Pansy stayed silent in shock. He thought she was beautiful? Of all the people?

Ron hadn't really called Hermione beautiful, on any occasion. She wished he had though. Maybe because they were friends for so long, he felt as though he did not have to compliment her? Hermione nodded to herself and ate her food.

"Oh no, Pansy, I forgot my astrology book in my room, come and get it with me, and I'll show you around!" Ginny said winking at Pansy.

Pansy got the message. "Oh-yes, I will go with you to receive your astrology text book in what is called your bedroom." Pansy said winking back. Ginny mentally face palmed. Pansy was a bad actress.

"Oh! I'll come too." Hermione said getting up but Ginny had already dragged Pansy away.

She sat back down and played with her food, while watching her supposed love of her life, talk it up with a pretty Gryffindor girl, who was a year below them.

***

Ginny let go of Pansy and told her to follow her.

"They have to be around here somewhere." Ginny whispered.

"Why are we chasing after them?" Pansy asked, genuinely confused.

"Because I want to know why Malfoy dragged Zabini and Nott out." Ginny replied like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Aren't you curious?" They paused and looked at each other.

"Yeah you're right let's go-" Pansy concluded and pushed Ginny around a corner, which happened to be the corridor the three boys were in. Pansy pulled her back and they fell to the floor and the boys' conversation stopped, then continued. Ginny helped Pansy up and they listened in quietly.