4- The First Day

Hermione woke up bright and early, she felt refreshed and ready to start her first day of school. She smiled and got out of bed. Ginny still slept and she had decided to wake her up after she used the bathroom.

She exited the bathroom and woke Ginny up lightly. She woke up and they talked about what table they would eat on with Pansy. Maybe Slytherin or Gryffindor, Hermione thought. But she didn't mind where they sat, as long as she didn't feel out of place, and on the Slytherin Table last night, she had to admit, she had fun, it was more fun than the Gryffindor Table ever was, especially with the older years.

"Hermione! We have to go now if we want to meet Pansy and eat!" Ginny yelled and Hermione finished her hair and smoothed down her robes.

She wore her robe, fitted pants and her white button up shirt. She threw her bag over her shoulder and trudged down the stairs. Ron wasn't here and it was almost empty, everyone was already down at the great hall eating.

The girls walked fast to Pansy and met up with her, entering.

"Where should we sit?" Hermione asked.

"Slytherin table it is!" Ginny said and Pansy chuckled. Ginny dragged her friends along to where they had sat last night and started eating quickly.

"Knew the Slytherin table's food was better." Blaise said smirking at the girls.

"Nonsense, just sitting with our friend Pansy." Ginny said, bored, and continued eating. Hermione avoided eye contact with Draco and read her potions text book. She had wanted to be top in the class this year, since it wasn't her strong suit. She finished and looked up to her friends.

"I'm off, my first class is Charms, see you at lunch guys." Hermione got up and brushed herself off. Draco couldn't smell his food anymore, it was just of the girl who just left to her Charms class. Draco huffed.

"I'm off to class, see you at lunch." Draco said to Theo and Blaise, and got up to leave.

***

Hermione had finished her Charms class and walked to the great hall for lunch. After lunch was potions with her friends, and Ron.

She entered and didn't see her friends at the Slytherin table, but Ron at the Gryffindor one. She sighed as he signalled for her to come and she came. She faced the Slytherin table. She could see Malfoy, Blaise and Theo talking together. They sat side by side. She removed her eyes from them before they looked up.

"Hermione, sit next to me in potions?" Ron asked, eating a big chicken wing without cutting it.

"Well, I think I'll be sitting next to my friends, sorry." Hermione said avoiding his eyes and he grunted annoyedly. He was going to reply when Ginny and Pansy slammed their bags in front of them and sat down, creating a big noise and drawing three certain Slytherin's boys attention.

"Hey! Excited for potions?" Pansy asked and Hermione nodded. "Yes! I've been studying, I just hope I am paired with a nice partner." Hermione said hopefully. They nodded in agreement and they all started eating. Hermione felt like she was being watched, and couldn't shake the feeling off.

***

Draco watched her intently from across the hall. He couldn't get her out of his mind, dare he say, he might be a tad bit obsessed with her.

He would imagine any normal boy with eyes would be.

She had these lovely lips that looked soft, with her eyes with all sorts of browns that mixed together, with a cute nose. His eyes moved slowly to his left arm that lay on the table.

But he was anything but normal.

He was scary and rude. Sure, girls loved to look at him, but they didn't know any better. He was rich, pureblood, of course any girls' family would want her to pine for a boy like him. But he didn't want to be used for his money like before, no, his family had written his destiny out before him and had expected him to accept it. He was to marry a pure blood, who cared if she wanted him for his money? He still had to accept her, because, that was what true love was, right? To spend and spend on them, without a second thought. It was how he saw his parents when growing up. His mother lived well in expenses and his father worked a good job, earning money for his family. That was what love was, right? How was he supposed to know what actual love was like? Like the ones in the books he'd read. Tragedies, they were the only thing that made him feel something. But he didn't want his life to be a tragedy, maybe it was meant to be one, but he could change the outcome, and give it a happy ending.

"Draco... Drake?" Theo tried getting his attention.

Maybe, he should not marry and live isolated in a house, all his money and riches surrounding him, without anyone by his side, and die lonely. It seemed like the easier choice, I mean, what did Draco Malfoy know about love?

"Hey!" Blaise said clicking his hand in front of Draco's face and he snapped out of it.

"What?" Draco said picking up his fork.

"She'll notice if you keep staring."

"Who cares if she does?" Draco mumbled while moving his eyes to her. She was laughing with Weasley, his sister and Pansy, she looked happy, but a certain look in her eye creeped him out, and sent shivers down his spine. It didn't sit right with him.

Theo looked wide eyed at Blaise, surprised that Draco had just admitted his small crush.

"You know, she definitely doesn't deserve that Weasley." Theo said in Draco's ear and Draco flinched, rubbing his ear, grimacing.

"And why do you say, Theo?" Blaise asked rubbing his chin.

"I swear, I saw him making out with some bimbo outside the castle." Theo whispered to them rolling his eyes. Draco turned his head to Theo and as did Blaise.

"Are you sure it was him? Maybe it was a misunderstanding, they look pretty happy to me." Blaise said moving his eyes to them. The three boys all looked at Hermione and Ron.

"Weasley looks kind of angry, maybe constipated." Theo said, and Blaise spit out his water laughing. They settled down and Draco scowled at Blaise, wiping the water from his robe onto Blaise.

"Granger has a weird look in her eye." Blaise wondered out loud and Draco's eyes widened slightly. So it wasn't just him? "And Theo's right, he does look angry, maybe fed up sitting next to her." Blaise said scratching the back of his neck nervously.

They left it at that and stayed silent. "Let's head to potions." Draco said and they got up, heading to potions slowly, talking about what their punishment may be. They hoped it wasn't a ban from Quidditch.