8- Draco Malfoy

Draco woke up tiredly, he didn't get much sleep last night. He remembered reading a book to clear his mind then watch the sunset, and sleep for the remaining two hours. He was woken up softly by Theo.

"Come on mate, today's Friday, then you can sleep in how ever much you like." Theo said cheering him up and Draco nodded to himself, getting up and stumbling into Blaise's pillar of his bed.

Blaise exited the bathroom. "Come on Draco, we'll be waiting at breakfast for you." Blaise looked neat and awake, unlike Draco. His hair all over the place and slouching.

He entered the bathroom and washed his face, brushed his teeth, and looked at his hair. He was going to leave it like this, it was only Friday after all, nothing major. He straightened himself and looked back at himself in the mirror, his sleeve was pulled up and revealed his left forearm. He felt sick looking at it. "Disgusting." He spat in a whisper and pulled his robe sleeve down roughly, choosing to ignore it.

He looked at himself again in the mirror.

"..you've broken hundreds of girls' hearts, what would you know?..."

And she was right. What would he know other than being horrid to a girl? When they didn't deserve that. He could of always rejected them lightly, and not in a way that made them upset or made them feel bad about himself.

But Granger didn't have the right to tell him how he should of done things. She didn't have any right! She didn't know what he had to go through. He didn't have time for girls asking him out in the silliest way possible!

She infuriated him, so badly.

He saw a small circled mirror from beside him, and went for it angrily. He smashed it to the ground in anger and fell down to his knees.

He didn't see the point in love or relationships when his life was already written out for him with a girl he would of never met before in his life, and he accepted it!

He took a big piece and put it flat on his palm. He closed his hand in a fist and pain filled inside him. Merlin he was just so angry. He let go and roughly took out the piece of glass, and it scattered on the floor. His left hand flowed out with blood.

His blood was just like hers had been. It didn't mean a thing.

He summoned a bandage and wrapped it tightly around his hand, securing it. He hadn't notice some blood on his collar and jumper, and he wouldn't of cared. He got up and cleaned the bathroom with magic, making his way down to breakfast. His hand throbbed in pain.

He walked down the cold corridor, he shivered slightly. He saw couples from all sorts of houses together, happy. Since the war, people weren't scared to be with who they truly loved, and it became easier for them. Draco had noticed way more couples than the year of Voldemort's reign. He smiled faintly to himself, and put his hands in his pockets.

He finally made it to the great hall and saw the back of Granger, sitting where she usually sat, next to him. She laughed with Blaise, Theo, Pansy and Ginny. Her curly hair lay beautifully down her back.

"Good morning." Draco muttered to them tiredly, as he still felt the pain and sat down next to her. They told him a quick good morning and went back to their conversations. Hermione had stopped talking to them and opened her charms text book to get some extra studying.

Draco tried picking up his knife with his left hand but he trembled and struggled to.

"What happened to your hand?" Hermione said in a low voice while her friends talked in loud voices and laughed loudly. "Nothing of your concern." Draco said not looking at her and trying to pick up his knife.

"Why don't you heal it with magic?"

"I don't want to." He said tiredly.

"Why?" She kept at it and he huffed, dropping his knife on the table and looking at her.

"Why do you care? I thought you didn't want me talking to you?" He whispered angrily in pain at his hand, whiling taking a side glance at Weasley. He hadn't noticed yet.

"But you're hurt and I see blood all over your shirt." She whispered back leaning in. His shirt was indeed covered in drops of blood. He took out his wand and pointed to the blood, getting rid of it.

"Not anymore." He said sarcastically. Hermione packed her things quickly.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked nervously and she stayed silent. She took one more look at him then his hand, and quickly jogged out the great hall. He clenched his teeth and slammed his hands on the table, getting up with his bag and chasing her.

"So what just happened?" Pansy asked them.

"They're just bonding." Theo said in a posh voice, waving her off. They all laughed and Ginny rolled her eyes.

***

Hermione stopped and started walking but she noticed Malfoy was right behind her when she looked back. She froze in place and just looked at him while he came to her, pushing her against a wall unexpectedly. Draco huffed, catching his breath while glaring at her.

"And what do you think you're doing?!" Hermione demanded trying to push him off of her but he didn't budge and looked down on her. Her eyes had panic in them. He wouldn't hurt her, he wouldn't. Right?

"You aren't telling anyone of my hand." He said in a low voice. He looked into her eyes and she looked back, almost hypnotised but snapped out of it.

"And why not? I don't care who you are and what you used to do to me but you're hurt and you need help, it was just like that one time-"

"-that one time with Buckbeak, where you seemed to care about me all of a sudden." He huffed and pushed her in the wall more and more.

"Seem to care? I did care." She said, trying to get out of his grasp. "Malfoy, stop squeezing my arm so tightly, I don't plan on getting your pure blood on my uniform." She said rolling her eyes and smiling to herself at that comment.

"No such thing." He muttered to her and released a tiny bit. "So where were you off to?" He demanded, tilting his head slightly.

"I knew you'd follow me and I got you right where I wanted you." She smirked.

"What are you talking?-" He asked but Hermione suddenly grabbed him by surprise and pushed him into the bathroom that they happened to be next to. She closed the door while he groaned on the floor in pain.

He got up and charged towards her but she got out her wand and pointed it to him, he couldn't do anything but step back, huffing at her, his fists clenched.