Chapter Twenty-Five

Steve's POV

     After signing Maggie's adoption papers, we all went to the pet store down the street.

     While we were there, we got a collar, dog tags, a dog bed, and some bowls, all having Y/n's favorite color in them somehow. We also picked out some puppy food for Maggie, along with letting her pick out some toys.

     When we got back to the compound, Sam and Bucky guarded me as I carried little Maggie and the bags into my room quickly. Luckily, we didn't run into anyone on the way there. I thanked the guys for helping me, before setting Maggie's things up in my bathroom. I was sitting in the floor, playing with Maggie, when there was a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I called as I scrambled to put Maggie in the bathroom.

"Only your favorite person!" Y/n called from the other side of the door.

     I made sure the bathroom door was shut good, before I answered the door.

"Hi!" Y/n spoke cheerily as he invited herself in my room, and plopped down on my bed.

"Hi. What's up?" I spoke as I joined her on the bed.

"Just wanted to see you is all." She spoke as she smiled broadly.

     We talked for a good while, until Maggie let out a whine from behind the bathroom door. My face went pale as I heard it, and Y/n must have heard it too, because her eyebrows furrowed.

"Did you hear that?" She looked at me.

"Hear what?" I tried to play it cool.

"It sounded like a dog......" she started to look around.

"I didn't here anything." I spoke as she got up from the bed.

"I'm getting tired! I've had a really busy day, so I'm just gonna get some shuteye!" I spoke quickly as she approached the bathroom door.

     When she didn't reply, I gently pushed her out of the room and did a fake yawn as best I could.

"Ooookaaayyy......Goodnight then..." She spoke as she looked at me strangely.

     I shut the door quickly, giving a sigh of relief once I heard her footsteps fade down the hall. I opened the door to the bathroom, and Maggie came running out, jumping at my legs. I picked her up and held her.

"You almost ratted me out you little rascal." I rubbed her belly as her tongue hung out of her mouth.

**Time Skip to the next day(Valentines Day)**

Your POV

     I hadn't seen Steve at all since his sudden need to go to bed at five o'clock in the afternoon. I hope he was okay, he sounded nervous.

     I made a mental note that I'd go check on him later today. Oh did I mention that today is Valentine's Day? No biggie, Tony was just having  a huge party tonight.

     It was five o'clock and the party was at six. I was already ready, I was wearing a crushed velvet dress, with a galaxy theme on it that came down to my mid-thigh. It had spaghetti straps that crossed in the back, and a V-neckline with some of the material bunched up around my waist to look like a belt.

 It had spaghetti straps that crossed in the back, and a V-neckline with some of the material bunched up around my waist to look like a belt