Chapter Eighteen

*same day, about three minutes later*

Your POV

After a few minutes, Steve came back into the common room of the tower. He had on a white t-shirt, and the pajama pants that he had on this morning. He came up to me and spun around, showcasing his outfit.

"Am I runway ready?" He asked as he put his hands on his hips.

"Mmmm not yet, c'mere." I motioned for him to come down closer to me, and as soon as he was in reach, I ruffled his hair so that it was about the equivalent to bed head.

"Now you're ready. Strike a pose, Captain." I laughed at him and he posed with one hand on his hip, and the other underneath his chin, snd his eyes closed.

I laughed at him and picked my phone up off the floor. I snapped a quick picture of him while his eyes were still closed. Once he was out of his pose, he brought my wheelchair over to me, and helped me hoist myself up into it.

****

Steve pushed my wheelchair at a steady pace down the sidewalk. He tried to tell me that we could just take the car all the way to the restaurant, so that I wouldn't have to tire my arms out, but once I suggested that he could push me, once we got to the city he accepted immediately.

Steve's POV

I pushed Y/n's wheelchair down the sidewalk at a leisurely pace, watching her expression as she looked around at the buildings. The sun was setting just about right now, and the scene was picture perfect.

I wanted to drive the car straight to the diner, but Y/n insisted that we stop close to it, so that she could enjoy the city scenery. She even asked for me to push her wheelchair for her when we got to the city. I loved helping her, and it made my stomach jump when she let me. I still remember the day that I first met her, when I tried to push her wheelchair for her, and she swatted me away. I think it was that moment that I really started to develop these feelings for her.

She seemed so independent snd she wanted so badly to prove herself. I admired that about her, her ability to do everything herself, include defending herself and others. I'll never forget when she gave Sharon that stern talking to. I cant believe I kissed that girl. I don't know what I saw in her, but I definitely don't see that in her anymore, that's for sure.

My mind drifted back into the real world as my surroundings started to become more familiar. The small diner I was taking Y/n to was just up ahead. I was thankful that the small diner had a ramp leading up to the door, since that didn't even occur to me when this place came to mind.

That's another thing Y/n has opened my eyes about. She made me see the world a way that I had never even considered before I met her. She got exited over the little things, like how somebody walked, they'd have a bounce to their step and she would notice that. That made her happy that other people were happy. I never would have paid any mind to that person before, but now, I also find joy in the little things, like how the old-fashioned bell rang above our heads as we entered the diner.

"Steven!!" As soon as we came in, I was greeted by Agatha.

Agatha was the owner of the diner, and once I got out of the ice, I came here for coffee to mull over life, or I came here for breakfast after my runs occasionally. Agatha then became a big factor that helped me adjust to the 21st century. I hugged Agatha and her eyes moved to Y/n.