Chapter Nine

Your POV

I fumbled to try and pull the string out of the sweatpants. The string just wouldn't come out of the pants to I just ended up tying Eric's ankles together with the strings of the pants tightly, along with double tying the pant legs around his ankles as well. I felt around in the same suitcase and found another pair of pants. They felt like another pair of sweatpants, judging by how thick they were. I have no idea who this man was, but I relate to him on a personal level. Only packing comfort clothes, totally understandable.

I double checked to make sure his restraints were tight, then I shoved the wash rag I had into his open and snoring mouth. I shoved the rag deep down his throat, him squirming but still asleep, and tied the second pair of pants around his mouth and knotted it at the back of his head as tight as I could get it.

I gave him a smile filled with pity, knowing that I wouldn't get a call back this time, then carefully meandered my way over the piles of luggage. I remembers that the other guys went near the back of the plane, far away from where the opening was. That meant that they were somewhere behind Eric. With my mental map, I crawled over to where I figured was where the opening was.
I hunkered down near it, pulling a large suitcase over top of me so that I had a little peephole.

*****

My eyes stayed alert as they darted around the pitch black area. My suitcase slid away from me when the plane hit turbulence, and I heard a couple of groans far off from me. I pulled my suitcase back over top of me and smirked.

I only realized that it wasn't turbulence, it was the plane landing. I had already devised a plan for when the plane landed while I was left in pitch blackness.

As soon as the ramp was put down and the cargo door was open, I would tumble down the ramp. I would have to move fast, because the other guys would still be adjusting to the sudden change of light. I'd immediately pull myself as fast as I could to a golf cart that one of the workers would most likely have taken. I'd sit patiently in the seat, blending in with the workers, and giving a scared look to any of them that looked at me strangely. Once I spotted the men exit the plane, I'd be safe to go.

Next thing I knew the door was open, but the ramp wasn't down. Out of my peephole I saw the men stretching and looking around for where me and Eric were. I panicked and as fast as I could, ripped the contents out of the suitcase and stuffed myself into it, zipping it up quietly, leaving a little open so that I could stick my arm through it.

Since I was close to the door, one of the workers heaved me up first, and threw me down the ramp. A small 'oof' came out of me, but I quickly shut myself up. I moved around for a little bit, and from what I could tell, I was already in the baggage claim. Shit. I meant to get out as soon as I was in the luggage cart, but I must have been zoned out. Next thing I knew, I was being hoisted up off of the conveyor belt, and wheeled through the airport.

I started to go into a blind panic as I was wheeled to the exit of the airport. I couldn't get out now, everyone would see me. I was so caught up that I didn't see the person that had me wheel me into the bathroom. I was set just inside the door, and as soon as I heard a stall door shut, I climbed out of the suitcase. I zipped it up quietly, an airport announcement covering any noise I could have made. I quickly pulled myself out of bathroom and went down the hall.

This would be no problem, if I still had a pair of GODAMN LEGS! I panted as I got to the end of the hallway, the main section of the airport right in front of me. I looked back down the hallway where I came from, and saw an electric scooter. Like the ones that they have in the super market?

"Bingo." I mumbled to myself as I hobbled quickly over to the scooter.

Just as I reached the scooter, an overweight man came out of the bathroom and came towards the scooter. I quickly pulled myself onto the seat and shrugged at him.

"I need it more than you buddy." And with that, I zoomed off as fast as I could, which was about walking speed on that damn thing, but it was better than nothing.

I tried not to draw any attention to myself as I rode over to where an elderly man was sitting. It was better to ask old people questions when you're trying to go unnoticed since they would probably forget in half an hour anyways. I stopped right beside him, but he was reading.

"Excuse me sir?" I got his attention as he looked up at me, and then stared at my legs, or lack of.

"Do you have a cellphone I could make a call on?" He just stared at me, bewildered.

I was about to ask him again when an elderly lady came from down a separate hallway, with a soft pretzel in her hand. My stomach growled at the sight of food, but I ket my composure.

The man looked at the elderly lady and spoke to her with a confused expression. They were speaking another language. My face went pale as I realized that I was in another country.

The old lady started speaking to me, but I couldn't understand her. I couldn't even tell what language she was speaking. I frowned at her and shook my head. I rode away and as I passed the food court, my stomach growled again. I ignored it and kept on going. I eventually found a service desk, and man, was I relived to see the lady up there. The lady had a friendly smile on her face as she greeted me.

"Ciao, come potrei aiutarti?" I gasped as I realized where I was after she spoke to me.

I was in Italy