Prologue

Your POV

The pain. Excruciating pain, that was all that was apparent at that very moment. Part of the building had collapsed, crushing both of my legs and some of my pelvis. I cried in agony as I tried to move the heavy pieces of concrete off of my legs. I cried for help as loud as my lungs would allow, but it was no use, my recon team had most likely already evacuated once word was spread that a bomb was set.

*Flashback*

A team of SHIELD's best field agents were sent out on a recon mission to an abandoned city deep in the countryside of Italy. There had been rumors of a band of rogue agents teaming up and planning to take down SHEILD. My team's job was to put an end to the roaches. It sounded easy enough, in an out, no problem. But the mission went sour all too quickly when someone yelled 'bomb' through the comms. I tried to get away, I really did.

But all of my efforts were in vain as it was already too late by the time I reached the edge of the city. The bomb went off, and sent me flying through the air, smacking me against a cement wall like a bird to a glass window. The next thing I knew, that very cement wall that I collided with, was coming down towards me. I frantically tried to pull myself away from the line fo fire, but the building happened to be a lot bigger than I'd predicted, and came crashing down on top of my legs.

*End Flashback*

As I came to slowly, I was met with the sounds of a rhythmic beeping, the sound of an heart monitor. My heart beat fast with joy, sending the heart monitor into a blind panic. As I opened my eyes, they were blurred with tears as I cried tears of joy. I survived. I was so happy to be alive and breathing, that I didn't even notice the few nurses that came rushing in.

Everything sounded dull at the moment, with a low ringing underlying every sound. I couldn't make out what the nurses were saying, but they looked panicked. I squinted at them, and their hand motions only got wilder and more aggressive. That's when I finally started to look around me.

I was in a hospital room, SHIELD's med bay to be exact. I had been here many times, with me being the klutz that I am. My eyes wandered around the room, ignoring the nurses rushing around me, until my eyes landed on something.

My legs, I couldn't move them.