Part 12

You pull the door open the rest of the way and move over so Sehun can walk into the room. He doesn't make eye contact as he slowly moves in and comes to a stop at the end of your bed. A chill passes through you when you think about the last time he was in your room, but you push it to the side. He was a different person now. You both were.

There had been a shift between the two of you, and you knew you weren't the only one who felt it, or else why would he be here right now? You had literally washed the blood from his hands.

"Do you know how he is?"

Sehun shakes his head before answering. "I... No... I think I heard someone say something about removing an organ? I don't know..."

A knot forms in your stomach at that little bit of information, but you knew Baekhyun and Yixing would do everything they could to make sure Jongin was okay.

You take a few steps toward the bed and take a peek at Sehun. He had made zero movements since stopping at the foot of your bed and his eyes were glued to the ground.

"Sehun?" You wait until he slowly looks up at you before asking, "How are you?"

"I'll be fine." He says, looking away from you and toward the window.

"I'm not asking how you'll be. I'm asking how you are..."

He gnawed on his lip before biting out, "I screwed up, and it got my brother shot."

"Sehun, you couldn't have known what was going to happen. Nobody was expecting any of this, and you know Jongin is in good hands right now."

Sehun fell quiet for a moment before saying, "I came up here to thank you."

You lean back, slightly surprised, before saying, "You don't need to thank me."

Sehun turns to face you and an unreadable expression crosses his face. "If you hadn't come and shot that fucker, Jongin and I might not have made it out of there. There was a moment there, where I was so worried Jongin was dead, I got distracted, and that let the Baem get the best of me. It's because of you that I was able to get the upper hand and that we were able to get Jongin help. Thank you."

You silently nod because saying, "you're welcome" didn't seem like the right thing to say.

"If you had to do it all over again, would you?"

"Without a second thought." You reply, firm in your words, causing Sehun to nod.

"I had a feeling you would say that, which leads me to the second reason I'm here. I wanted to apologize to you."

You begin shaking your head before he even finishes his sentence. "Sehun, you really don't need - "

"Stop talking." He says, effectively shutting you up. "I don't regret treating you the way I did. You were a stranger, and therefore you were a threat. These men are my brothers, and I would rather die before I let something bad happen to them. They mean everything to me. However, I did take it too far with you, so for that, I apologize."

"I understand why you acted the way you acted, and I respect it." Surprise flickers on Sehun's face at your statement, so you elaborate. "I have respect for anyone who places the people they care about that high. I was saying you didn't have to apologize because I'd do the same thing if I was in your shoes."

You watch Sehun process what you say and then nod. He tilted his head slightly before walking around you to your chair and sitting down. Turning with him, you drop down onto your bed and face him.