Thirty Four

-My Future-

-i can't seem to focus-

-and you don't seem to notice-

The following night, Vena and Draco headed to the Room of Requirement twenty minutes before curfew. She was disappointed that she wouldn't be seeing Harry, but her brother needed her.

They were hoping that if they get caught, they could use Draco's Prefect badge to say that he's patrolling the corridors.

Draco was on edge; she could see it in the brisk pace he was taking when trying to form the Room of Hidden Things. he was biting the nail on his thumb, which he only does when he's overthinking something.

She looked over at him worriedly, and opened her mouth to ask him what was on his mind, but didn't get to ask when he walked into the room.

She pursed her lips, but followed him in. They walked the familiar pathway through the piles of objects in the Room of Hidden Things.

Vena took in more details of the scenery; there were broomsticks standing against a pile, another pile with a red sofa sticking out in the middle of it, and several teacups scattered around the room.

The teacups didn't look as old as the other objects, as if someone has been placing them there recently. Vena hoped not. She hopes that no one in Hogwarts knows about the Room of Hidden Things.

Once they arrived at the cabinet, she threw a book at him. Hopefully, this would cheer him up. "The spell is where the bookmark is. All you have to say is Harmonia Nectere Passus. Apparently the cabinet should slowly start to repair itself. Just make sure you say it over and over again. It's a tedious process."

"That solves one of my problems," he muttered, looking over the page.

He looked up at her, his eyes showing regret and guilt. "Stella came up to me today. She asked me what was wrong with you and I, and I told her to fuck off. How she needed to stop getting into our business. But she kept pushing and pushing and-"

He was pacing back and forth now, biting his thumbnail again. He ran his hand through his hair, and took a deep breath. "I told her to get lost. That she needed to stop being a nosy bitch and worry about people that actually care about her. I was horrible, Vi. She doesn't deserve that, she doesn't. And I know that I wanted o push her away, so she'll get mad at me and never speak to me again, but Merlin, Vi, you should've seen the look on her face. It was horrible."

Vena didn't know what to say. She was horrible to Stella too, and she hadn't talked to Cho at all. But this was what needed to happen. They needed to distance themselves away from people they care about, so they wouldn't be affected by what they were going to do.

Vena and Draco couldn't be selfish.

They can't be with who they want to be with, they couldn't have friends that wouldn't understand their situation. At least Theo and Blaise would understand why the twins did what they did.

But to people like Stella and Harry, they wouldn't get it. They were good people; people that don't have to work for the bad guy because their lives are being threatened. They were born on the good side, and they had the chance to be good.

She didn't get the chance to respond to him. She didn't even know what she would've said. Draco sat down against the Vanishing Cabinet again. He put his head in his hands, which were propped on his elbows.

Her brother then rubbed his face, and looked up at her tiredly. "I don't want to kill him, Vi. I don't want to look him in the eyes, and kill him. I can't."