15

My breath stopped and my legs are aching.

I've been running for a while now and for me not being an athlete made it a lot more worse. After I ran out from that party, I was thinking of stopping, but my mind told me, don't stop! He must be chasing after you right now. So I kept running and running, and now all I can see are bushes and trees.

Am I lost?

I slowed my legs down until they came to a stop. I put my hands on my knees and tried to catch my breath. After what felt like minutes, I could finally breathe properly. I looked around me and sure enough, I'm lost, and in a forest. What the hell am I doing here?! How do I go back? How did I even get here?!

My mind kept asking me questions and the answers are still unknown. My eyes started to get teary and soon my cheeks are wet with tears. I crouched down, feeling devastated. My phone isn't with me since I left it at the party. How much dumb can I get?! I sobbed harder and harder.

Suddenly, I heard some loud footsteps, as if someone is running towards my direction. My breath hitched and my sobbing stopped. I put my hands on my mouth to prevent me from making noises. Is it him? Is he really running after me? I quickly got up and ran quietly to a tree. I hid behind it and closed my eyes tightly, mentally hoping that I wouldn't be seen.

"Chess?" A familiar male voice got me to open my eyes.

"Are you sure she's here?" Another male voice rang to my ears. I  recognized this voice. It sounded like, Nic?

"Positive. I heard her sobbing." The other one said.

"Then, where is she?" Nic (I think) asked. He sounded impatient.

"Chess, are you there?" The other one began to call out to me, ignoring Nic's (I think) question. I swear I know this voice from somewhere, but I just can't point it out.

I braved myself to take a peek at those two who are looking for me. And the ones stood before me are, for sure, Nic..and Sean. I gasped and started running towards them. "Nic! Sean!"

They both turned around and after seeing me, they sighed in relief. I held my arms out to reach to Sean--I don't know why I did that but I certainly did--and jumped on him. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and buried his face in the crook of my neck. "I was so worried.." I heard him whisper.

"I'm sorry.." I apologized sincerely.

Then someone cleared his voice making us both flinched. I took a glance at Nic, he is crossing his arms on his chest with a bored look. Realization hit me and I quickly got off of Sean, although he didn't seem to want to let me go. With my force, he finally gave in.

"Here." Nic held my purse out. I took it from him and mumbled a thanks.

"Come, let's go home." Sean said as he took my hand in his. We walked out from the forest and into Sean's car.

But before that, I asked Nic, "Where did you come from?"

"This dude right here called me, asking for my help to search for you. He can't even do anything by himself, don't date a guy like him." He said while pointed his thumb out at Sean. Sean elbowed him in the stomach and he groaned in pain. "What was that for?"

Sean just shook his head. I giggled, knowing that they are finally opening up for each other.
___

The weekend went by fast and now it's already Monday.

Since that night, I haven't talked to Sara at all, and now I'm feeling a bit lonely. Sure, I'm upset with her but losing your best friend can really empties you, especially when you've been together with her since forever. So I've decided that today, I'm going to apologize to her.

I've came to a conclusion that it is also kind of my fault. I was being childish. I can't expect for someone to always be there for me, I should take care of myself properly. She also wanted to have fun that night, it's absurd for me to think that she would sacrifice her precious moment just to stay with me. It's like I'm tying her down. That's not good.

After I've done getting ready, I walked downstairs just to be greeted by my mom. She has made us pancakes. I went to the dining table and sat on one of the chairs. I grabbed a pancake, put it on my plate and poured the syrup on it. I started to stuff my mouth with it when all of a sudden Charlie reminded me about the exam which is coming up.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Can you not ruin my already ruined mood?"

"Just tellin'." He shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat his pancake. I let out a frustrated sigh.

He suddenly stopped eating and turned to me once again. What now.

"Have you reconciled with your bestie?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Why'd you ask?"

"Well, you should do it because even a blind person can tell that it is not fully her fault."

"Okay..?" How does he even know the reason we fought? Hm, suspicious.

I glanced over at my watch and noticed that it is time to go. I asked Charlie whether he could send me to school or not, which obviously the answer is no. I rolled my eyes once again and kissed my mom goodbye. With that, I was off to school.
___

I was searching for Sara when suddenly someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around to see Sean smiling at me.

"Hey." I greeted him.

"Hi."

We stayed like that for a while until he spoke, "Searching for Sara?"

"Yup." I said with popping the 'p'.

"Well..I saw her a while ago, in the cafeteria."

"Oh nice, thanks." I waved him goodbye and went to the cafeteria. And there she is, with all her glory, eating a sandwich. I approached her.

She is too busy with eating which made her lost in the foodland. So I decided to call her out. She looked up at me and her eyes widened.

"H-h-hi." She stuttered with all that food in her mouth.

I took a sit across from her. "Look," I began my long speech.

After I was done with my apology speech, she also said sorry to me and with that our friendship has been restored.

As we were walking to our first class which we are having together, suddenly something came up to my mind and I stopped her movement. She looked at me confusingly.

"What," she asked.

"I'm the one who should be asking that." I said as I crossed my arms on my chest and gave her that look which says 'spit it out'.

"What is it??" She is totally lost. Oh, but not for long. I mentally smirked.

"What's going on between you and Charlie?"

Her eyes widened.

Gotcha.

***

Just a filler. Kinda.

Until next time! Xo