11

Nic's POV

Is this what they called a 'study group'?

Because it doesn't seem like it.

Silence. Everything is silent. It's like something scary is watching over us right now.

Well, I guess it's because there is something scary sitting with us. But they are not watching over us, instead they are avoiding us. I looked over my left shoulder and saw Chess, who is hugging her knees as she pouts. She looks so adorable.

Studying her, a small smile made its way to my lips.

Suddenly some annoying bastard cleared their throat. I averted my attention to look at Sean who's glaring at me. I swear if looks could kill, I would've already been six feet under. But I could care less about it, his death glares don't do shit to me. My eyes went back to my long lost best friend who's sitting right next to me.

I guess she noticed me staring her, because not long after that she spoke up, "get your freakin eyes off of me." It doesn't have any effect on me. I just smirked and pretended to give my attention to my enemy, Physics.

Chess' POV

I can't believe they wouldn't even try to cheer me up.

I was getting sick of staying in the same room as them, so I got up from the sofa. I walked towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" I turned my body to face Sean who is already walking towards me. He stood in front of me and cupped my cheek. "Let me go with you."

I just stared at him. "Please?" He pleaded. I sighed and nodded. Then we went out. The outside was cloudy. I guess it's about to rain. Suited with my current mood.

Noticing this, Sean spoke up, "Uhh, it's about to rain. Let's just go inside." He held my wrist and gently pulled me inside, well, tried to. I just stood at my place. He turned back to me and said, "Don't want for you to get sick now, do we?" Again, he cupped my cheek.

"Let's go to the other day's café." I blurted out. I'm suddenly craving for their cookies. And the café's scent is calling out to me. Actually, I've missed that café since the last time I went there. I'm getting addicted to it.

Sean let out a soft chuckle, "Sure. Let me just get my car keys, okay?" I nodded. We went to his house. He unlocked the door and told me to come inside. I sat on his couch while he went up to his room to grab his wallet and the car keys. After what seemed like 7 minutes, he finally went down.

"Took you long enough." I complained and he smiled.

During the drive, Sean let me listen to my husband's songs. To cheer me up, maybe. But I thanked him for that. Shawn's voice can really cheers me up.

By the time we arrived, it has already rained heavily. Sean pulled up in front of the café. He grabbed the umbrella which was on the back's seat and turned to me, "Wait for me."

Then he stepped out of the car, opening the umbrella and rushed to my side, not before closing the door. He opened my door and held the umbrella close to me. He doesn't even notice that his shoulder was getting wet. After I went out, he put his arm around my waist to keep me close to him, away from the rain. He locked his car and we went inside.

I walked towards the spot that we sat the other day and waited for him to come with our food. It didn't take long since there were less customers. Sean sat in front of me and gave me my cookies and hot chocolate. I looked over the tray which he brought and saw a couple slices of red velvet cake. I squealed in excitement as I saw them.

"I knew you would like it." Sean said while staring at my face lovingly. Lovingly?

I brushed my thought off so the mood wouldn't be too awkward. "Thanks."

"No problem."

We ate in comfortable silence, just the way I like to enjoy my food. Sean would glanced over me from time to time and I would smile at him. Suddenly a notification sound went off from my phone. I put my fork down and pulled out my phone. It was a message from Sara.

Sara: where r u?

Me: out.

I don't really want to talk to her right now. She was Nic's partner in crime.

Sara: with sean?

Me: yes.

I shut my phone off and put it away as I continued to eat this delicious cake Sean bought for me. I savoured every taste of it. I was a little too infatuated by it that I didn't realize there are some creams on my cheeks. Sean chuckled and wiped it off with his thumb. It gave me a little shock, so I just mumbled a thanks.

Soon we are done with our food. The rain hasn't slowed down yet.

"Why don't we wait till the rain stops?" Sean suggested. But the problem is, will the rain ever stop?

"Will it?"

"It will." Sean assured me. And sure it did. The rain stopped after what seemed like an hour and a half. Though I still can't see the point of this, since, he brought his car with him, right? Why wait?

"Now, let's take a walk." Oh, so that is why.

"Where?" I asked curiously.

"Well, wherever you'd like." Sean gave his warm smile at me, which made my heart melts. He is handsome, after all.

We went out of the café. Sigh, I'm already missing it. Suddenly an idea crossed my mind. I looked up to Sean which was walking beside me, "How about we go to the aquarium?"

Sean looked at me, amusement filled his eyes. He seemed like he wanted to question me, but he held himself back and nodded thoughtfully.

"Sure, why not?"

We went inside of his car and he drove off to the aquarium.

So,

we are going on a date?

***

Hii I have exams tomorrow and the day after byee.

Until next time! Xo