7

A/N: this chapter is a flashback on what happened when Chess was in Boston. Why she moved there, how she met Nicholas and how she got the trauma.

I hate it here. I want to go back to my home in New York. I miss my friends. I miss Sara. Sigh. I'm currently sorting out my things in my so called 'new room'. This room is smaller than my old room. Ughhh I want my room back.

"Relax. This is just our temporary home before your dad finds a proper, decent home for us." My mom assured me as I was muttering and cursing under my breath because of my dislike towards our new home.

"Why are we here, anyway?" I whined.

"I told you this before. Your uncle needs help with his business. We are only going to stay here for 2 or 3 years." She explained.

"Mom, I could use some help here." Charlie called from his room which is next to mine.

"Here, eat these to cheer yourself up." My mom handed me a packet of cookies which she bought for me earlier when she walked around our new neighbourhood. I took it from her and mumbled a thanks.

After I've done packing out my things, I went downstairs to grab some water. As I was walking to the kitchen, the door bells. "Darling, could you please get that?" My mom yelled from upstairs. I huffed and went to the front door. I peeked through the small hole first before opening the door to reveal a good looking boy. He seems to have the same age as mine. He is wearing a black sleeveless shirt to show off his arms' muscles. What a body for such a young age. He has deep, blue eyes and thin lips. He also has some freckles which makes him looks even cuter. Oh and he's wearing nerd glasses. Just one problem. He is 3 cm shorter than me. No thank you, I'm fine being single.

This height and those glasses doesn't match with his mouth watering biceps. I accidentally snickered. Oops.

"What's so funny?" He asked, his face shows amusement.

"Nah, just that.." I shook my head, "..you look funny."

What? I don't lie, it is not in my rules. He narrowed his eyes at me and smirked. Okay, okay. Kinda hot.

"Well you are the new neighbour, right?" I nodded. "Here is some apple pie my mom coincidentally baked. She asked me to bring it to the new neighbours." He said, reaching out the apple pie to me. I smiled at him a sincere smile and took it from him.

"Thank you." I said. "Do you want to go in?" I offered him, opening the door wider to let him in. He gladly stepped in and I told him to sit on the couch. We got to know each other. Apparently his name is Nicholas Thomas, he is the same age as me, 14 years old and he goes to the school which I will be attending to, starting from tomorrow. He offered to show me around the school and I gladly accepted it. At least, I won't be alone on my first day.

We immediately became friends. No, best friends. He's a cool dude and I like his attitude. Simple and not that obsessed with popularity.
___

It's been 4 months since I moved to this place. I'm starting to get comfortable here. Everyone in here is kind of chill. I got along with my neigbours pretty easily. Especially with this older woman who lives across the street from our home. I learned that she is mute. Her husband died from an accident a year ago, and she lost her voice because of the shock. She loves gardening and painting. Oh don't let me start. Her painting is so very amazing. I can feel that she is actually expressing her feelings through her paintings, and that is what makes them more valuable.

"Good morning, Mrs. Kingston." I greeted her right when I got out from my house. I wanted to buy some cookies from the café which is down the street. She is planting new seeds in her garden. She looked up at me and smiled widely right after she saw me. I love her smile.

"Planting new seeds, huh?"

She nodded. Then she asked me whether I'm going to the café with using the signs. I can understand it because I learned the signs two months ago. I mastered it within a month. It's all because of her. She inspired me a lot.

"Yup. Want me to buy anything for you?" I offered. She shook her head, and told me to have fun. "Sure thing." I giggled and continued my journey.

I went into the café and got lined up to order my cookies and a cup of iced coffee. Perfect for summer's morning. I ordered them and while I was waiting for them, my phone rang. Nic was calling me. "Yup." I said as I picked it up.

"Yo, wanna play?"

"Sure. When?"

"2 pm sounds good to you?"

"Alrighty. See ya." Then I cut the call. My cookies arrived and I thanked the person. I walked out from the café and went to the park which is nearby. I sat on a bench and started to eat my cookies. As I was doing that, I looked at my surrounding and saw a bunch of kids running and playing around. What a great Saturday.

Not.

While I was busy sipping my iced coffee, some old man--maybe in his 30s--came up to me. I looked up at him and wow, what a creepy smile he got. "May I have this seat?" He asked politely. Okay too polite.

"Uh, sure." I said and gave him my fake smile. I don't want to be rude. He sat beside me, a little too close. I started shifting away and he did the same, just that I shifted away from him, and he shifted towards me. Okay. This is totally not okay. I started to gather my things and got up when he grabbed my wrist. Whoa there!

"May I..help you..sir?"

"Oh, yes. Actually, I'm lost."

Huh? What the hell?

"N-Nah, you're fine." I stuttered as I tried to pull my wrist back, but failed. His hold is too strong.

"Maybe you can help me find my way back home." He grinned, showing me his yellow teeth. Eww. Poor man doesn't have the money to buy a single toothbrush. I looked around me, hoping that someone would notice the situation I'm in, but it seems like everybody is too busy with their own businesses. I let out a frustration sigh.

The old man stood up. "Come." He said, and his eyes are showing his craziness. He started to pull me with him towards a van. Oh no. No no no.

"Help!" I yelled. Well tried to. Nobody is listening.

"HELP!" I yelled clearly this time. Some people looked at my direction. Oh thank goodness. I parted my lips to continue my shouting when a dirty hand covered up my mouth. "Shut. The. Fuck. Up."

"Oh, look at you. We are just going to the dentist, don't be too scared." He acted out, voicing his voice loud enough for everyone to hear it. Great. Now everyone will think that I'm afraid of dentists. They continued to mind their own businesses.

"No.." I whispered to myself.

"Now do me a favour and shut your fucking mouth up, okay little girly?" He said, smiling creepily as he took something out. It is a handkerchief. Ooh I've seen action movies before and this is definitely not leading to something good. I shook my head vigorously and he just grinned.

He brought the handkerchief to my nose. I tried to hold my breath though I can't keep holding it for too long, and before I knew it, everything went black.

Why is this happening to me? Why me?

***

Gosh I'm excited!

The next chapter will be in the present. I will continue the flashback in between the present chapters.

Until next time! Xo