13

I think there's something wrong with my heart.

I mean, it just keeps pumping like crazy every single time I'm with The Nuisance. Yup. I made Sean a new nickname.

Ever since our last visit to the aquarium last Sunday, he couldn't seem to stay away from me. He's always there. With me. The whole freakin time. He has became a nuisance. That is why he gets the cute nickname. Plus my uncontrollable beating heart. Ugh, I think I have to make an appointment to the hospital soon. I really need to get this checked because it is starting to creep the hell outta me.

"It's called love."

I looked at Sara as if she's gone crazy and scoffed. "I don't do love."

"Well, miss, love is not something to be done, it is something to be felt. And I can assure you that the cause of your throbbing heart is because you feel love towards him." She exclaimed as she joined her hands together and looked up at the ceiling as if imagining something sweet that isn't bound to happen.

I rolled my eyes at her and took a sip of my apple juice. Sara seems to already be registering in her own tiny world, I don't wish to disturb her.

I felt a presence beside me. I turned my head to the side and of freakin course, The Nuisance is now sitting by my side.

Heart! Control yourself!

I sighed as I rolled my eyes at myself for scolding my heart. Why the heck did I thought that it will do as I say? It's a heart. It doesn't have ears, for goodness' sake.

"What's wrong with this gal?" He asked me, nodding towards Sara who is still in her dreamland.

"Shh, she's meeting her soulmate." I whispered, putting my index finger on my lips. Sean made an 'O' face and nodded understandingly.

To my surprise, I'm getting more and more comfortable with Sean. Yea of course my heart still keeps beating like crazy when he's around, but, being near him feels comfortable now. I mean, I no longer see him as a person who is in a totally different world from me. And because of him, my trauma seems to be recovering. Since I always get glances from people as he is with me, I'm getting used to receiving attentions from people.

I really need to thank him for that.

"Chess.." Sean called out to me, "..do you remember Daniel?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. Which Daniel is he talking about? There's a lot of guys whose name is Daniel.

Oh, maybe he's talking about his dude Daniel, whom I took a picture of months back.

"Yes..?" I said, unsure.

"Well, h-he's making a party tonight for the football team as we won the game last week, s-so maybe...you wanna come?" He asked with hopeful eyes.

Party? Nah. No thanks.

"Ehmmmmmm...I don't think so. Sorry." I smiled sheepishly.

I swear I saw him made a disappointed face for a moment. But it only lasted for a second though.

"They have cookies." He tried to pursuade me.

"Nuh-uh." I shook my head.

He sighed. "Please come."

"No."

"For me?"

"No."

"Pleaaaseeee?"

"No."

"This is a command. You will come."

"Not happening."

"She'll come." Sean and I's eyes shoot towards Sara who's been staring at us for the whole time we've been talking. Sean grinned happily while I gave Sara my best death glare which could end her life right then and there. But she seemed to not be shaken by it as she just sent me a smirk. An evil one. Means that she is going to threaten me.

No she does not.

She averted her attention towards Sean. "Hey Sean, you know what, this girl right here is blaming you because you keep making her hea--"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

All attentions went towards me. Sigh, I forgot that we are in the cafeteria. I ducked my head quickly. I said I'm recovering from my trauma, I didn't say anything about it has been recovered. Sean noticed my actions and immediately hid me with his arms surrounding my petite body. He took out his jacket--wait, where was that coming from--and covered my head with it, as if it can actually helps me overcome my anxiety.

Sara stood up and went to me. She held my hand in a soothing matter before she pulled me out of the cafeteria while Sean held my waist protectively. We walked out from that hell with a quick pace. Once we're out, I gave them both tight hugs. "Thank you so much." I said between the hugs.

"Anything for my lil sis." Sara said as she swiped off imaginary dusts from my shoulder.

"Whoa, you are all ready to become my sister in law, eh?" I asked her playfully, using the Canada accent.

She widened her eyes and her cheeks are now flushed and covered with pink colour. I giggled at her reaction, so she already realized her feelings for Charlie. Sean looked at us confused, but also amused at the same time. "What," he asked.

"Well Sara--"

"Nothing at all! I'm gonna head to class now since the bell is going to go off in 5 minutes so see ya bye!!" She said, dashing off.

She really is something when she's embarassed.

Wait. Now it is just me and him.

"Uh..." I tried to glance everywhere but him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice held concern.

I blinked my eyes once, twice, and locked them with his. "Why..why do you ask?"

"Well, you suddenly shouted back then, which you never did before, so I thought you are paining somewhere.." He explained as his eyes are now roaming over my body to check if I have any injuries.

"Uh no, no no no, I'm completely fine. Look I can stretch my body like this," I convinced him with stretching my body, bending, and even jumping.

"Okay, okay, I can see that you are completely fine. Now stop or you'll hurt your fine self." He said, his hands resting on my shoulders to stop me from my stupid actions.

My face redden, embarassed, "For sure.." I whispered.

What the heck is happening to me?! I'm not usually like this!

"Now let's get your fine self to class." He held my hand gently and started to lead me towards my next class. I could hear my heartbeats clearly, it's creeping me out. I feel hot and all I want to do right now is just disappear. My hand which is holding his is starting to get sweaty. I hope he doesn't mind it, because I have zero intention in pulling my hand from his hold.

Gosh, what is he doing to me? What is he making me do?

This dude drives me cray-cray.

***

She is developing it 😏

Do you smell something?

It smells like...

THIS STORY IS GETTING BETTER!

Or is it just me? What do you guys think?

Until next time! Xo