2

Awkward.

This is too awkward.

Why did he suddenly offer to take me home? Plus, the school hour is not over yet! What the heck is crossing his pretty mind? He has never been this casual towards me. He was usually..quiet around me. And he had never make an eye contact with me. Heck, he had never care about me before! So why does he suddenly care? This is too fishy.

Sean lowered the radio's volume and turned his attention to me. "Mind if we drop by to some places before we go home?"

It's your car. Do whatever you like. "Not at all. Where to?"

"I'm craving muffins." Oh yea, I almost forgot he likes muffins. More like, he obsessed with them. My mom usually buy/bake some muffins for him before his family come to join my family for dinner minus me.

"Okay."

Not long after that, we arrived at a café. Wow, this is the first time I've came here (introvert alert). I love this vibe. I was about to open my door when suddenly shawn patted on my shoulder. "Wait for me." Okay? What does he mean? Does he not want me to come with him into the café? Damn, I was expecting to look its insides. I was excited for nothing.

"Come." I heard Sean's voice beside me. Oh, so he told me to wait so he could open the door for me. Drama llama. Oops. I'm sorry but it's too cliche, it is not suited for me. Uh so should I say my thanks? I'm confused.

I didn't thank him, I simply nodded and gave him my priceless smile instead. He grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. Right after I walked in, I could already smell the coffee's scent. It smells rich. I love it. I was in my own world when Sean called out to me and told me to find a place for us to sit. Oh, I thought it was a take away. I mumbled an "okay" and then went on my way to find a suitable place. It didn't take long. I found just the place, it was far in the corner and beside a big glass window.

I took my sit and decided to message Sara. She is probably waiting for her picture. I took my phone out and unlocked it. Woa okay she's probably getting impatient now since I have a total of 17 messages and 4 missed calls from her. Why didn't I notice her calls...oh yea, I put my phone into silent mode. Haha my bad.

I opened the messages.

Sara:where r u??

Sara:i want the picture.

Sara:OMG I HEARD SEAN IS THE ONE TAKING U HOME!

Sara:you've got some explaining to do.

Okay, let's just stop there. Another 13 messages are just her talking about how big I've lost the bet and that I need to go to that party tonight. Hah, too bad, I actually took the picture!

Me:*sent a picture*

Me:enjoy the party bij

Omg I'm so sassy. I love myself.

Sara:HWAT

Sara:HOW

Me:i told you i would do it.

Sara:ugh fine. Anyways, you owe me some explainations so I'm coming to your house tomorrow.

Sara:IT'S WEEKEND BABES

Sara:oh and thank you for the hot pic ;)

I grunted after reading her replies. I was planning to sleep my ass off the whole day tomorrow! She just had to ruin that. Ugh. I put my phone back into my jeans pocket and slammed my face onto the table. Ow, that hurts. I pulled my head back up and started to rub my poor forehead.

"I hope you like vanilla latte." I jolted as I heard some man's voice from somewhere. Whoever this person is, he surprised the heck out of me. I looked up to see who was the rude man that surprised me. Oh, turned out it was Sean. He bought me a vanilla latte. Great. I don't bring that much money.

"Uh, can I pay you back later?"

"What?"

"I kind of...not have enough money right now."

Sean seemed confused with my confession. Uh oh, I think he was expecting for me to pay him back right now. "I-I promise you I will."

"What are you talking about, actually? You don't have to pay me back."

"What?" This time, I'm the confused one.

"You don't have to pay me back, Chess. It's my treat."

I'm still confused. So, I don't have to pay him back? He looked at my face amused, and pushed the vanilla latte to me. He also handed me chocolate chip cookies. Oo, my favourite!

"Cookies! Thank you!"

He looked at me knowingly, "No problem."

There are 5 of them. Mmm, my precious cookies are looking so delicious. I took one and put it inside my mouth. I moaned as I taste the cookie. I missed eating these. The last time I ate them was two days ago. Yesterday was like living in a hell. I asked my mom to bake some more since I've finished the whole jar, and she told me that I have to wait since we ran out of the ingredients. I was in a bad mood the whole day yesterday.

"So, what were you doing back then?"

"Hm?"

"In front of the chemistry lab."

"Oh, being a paparazzi." I shrugged it off as if it was the most basic thing ever.

"Ah, you were stalking me, weren't you?" Okay, don't get so full of yourself.

"Excuse me but I was actually stalking your bestie." I said with no care in the world while I ate the cookies. I only have eyes on my cookies.

Silence. Why isn't he talking?

I decided to abandon my cookies and gave him my attention. I looked at him, he is furrowing his eyebrows. It seems like he is in deep thought.

What happened to you dude?

"You like Daniel?"

Oh, I totally didn't see that coming.

***

Hey guys tell me your thoughts.

Please do me a favor. Vote, comment, and share this story to your friends ❤

Until next time! Xo