5

I just love Monday.

My favourite day ever.

I'm currently getting ready to go to what people call, 'the place you gain knowledge'. I wore a dark brown baggy shirt and tight jeans which has holes on it. Nowadays' style. I let my hair down because I'm too lazy to care about it. I put on my white sneakers. After I'm satisfied with my not-so-pretty self, I grabbed my backpack and my pink cap. I walked out of my room and went downstairs. I was greeted by my brother and my parents are nowhere to be seen. I'm guessing they have already went to lecture their students.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked Charlie who is sitting on the sofa. He has a laptop on his lap. Of course he's playing DOTA when it's early in the morning. I have the weirdest brother on earth.

"Waffles." Charlie simply answered. I nodded my head and went towards the kitchen's counter. I looked at my watch to make sure that I have the time to eat my breakfast, and nope, I don't have the time. So I just grabbed a waffle and spread some peanut butter onto it. And then I ran towards the front door. "Bye." I said to my brother before I went out and bit some of the waffle. He ignored me. What a kind brother.
___

I went to my locker to grab my History book. What a subject to start off the day. I put it inside my bag and zipped it. Before I could close the locker's door, I noticed my messy hair through the mirror which I attached to the door. I immediately fixed it. Maybe it's because I cycled too fast and the wind got it. And that's when I realized. I have some peanut butter on the side of my lips just like Sara got crumbs on her lips two days ago. I sighed. I hope no one noticed it.

I opened my bag once again and dug my hand into it to get a tissue. I don't want to dirty my hand. Where is it?! Before I could find it, someone beat me to clean my mouth off. Such muscular hands this person got. I looked up to see a familiar face. Familiar, but I can't remember who he is. I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head to the side, trying to remember this handsome gentleman. Seeing my ugly expression, he chuckled. Heh, he's cute.

We stayed like that for a while until; "I'm sorry boy but my ugly friend here is not interested in gu--holy." Sara interrupted our staring contest. I looked at her bored. Her mouth hung open by seeing this beauty in front of us.

"You are a lesbian?" The gentleman asked.

"NO." I replied almost immediately. Sure, I don't have any interests in guys, but I'm totally straight (no offends intended). It just that I'm still searching for 'the one'. Though maybe I have found him, but I can't be sure just yet.

He nodded his head in understanding. And is that a sigh of relief I saw?

"Even his voice is melodic." Sara whispered slowly, but loud enough for me and the gentleman to hear it. We looked at her with wide eyes. What the heck is she saying in front of a gorgeous man?!

"I'm sorry for this stupid woman." I sighed.

"No, no, it's okay.." He chuckled, "..by the way, you are Chess, right?" He asked nervously. How does he know my name?

"Yes..?" I nodded slowly. He then put on the widest smile on his face. I glanced beside me and Sara is already melted on the floor. This girl is crazy I tell ya.

"It's me! Nic! Remember me?" He is literally jumping up and down like a 5 year old who just got a new lollipop after the previous one had been crushed by a giant truck..

"Come again?" I again, tilted my head in confusion.

"Nicholas. Boston. Remember?" His eyes filled with hope.

Nicholas...boston...nic...OHhhhhh!

"Nicholas Thomson?!" He is my best friend back when I lived in Boston! How can I ever forget about my own ol' bestie?! Sigh. Sara is right. I'm the worst best friend on earth. But seriously though! He has changed so much! Back then, he was so short that I can step on him and crush him and make him a ball and kick him and--

"You betrayed me?!" Oh, Sara has became solid again.

"Only for a year." I assured her. Sara huffed and crossed her arms onto her chest. I rolled my eyes at her. She is such a drama llama.

I turned my attention back to Nic. "So! What are you doing here, Nic?" I asked excitedly.

"My dad told me to become independent before I take in his position. That's why I'm here."

I made an O face. Nic studied my face and all of a sudden he spoke up, "Do you remember when you accidentally bumped into someone on your way out of a café?" Wait, how does he know that?

"Are you a psychic?"

"I knew it was you! Hello, it was me you bumped into." He said with the 'duh' tone.

..

IT WAS HIM!!!!!

I grinned widely and that's when I had enough. I need to hug this man. My son has grown up so much. I opened my arms widely and crashed my body onto his. He was taken aback for a second but after that he gladly hugged me back. We swung our bodies from side to side and stayed like that for a while. That was until someone called my name sternly.

I looked at the person who called me and my eyes immediately locked with an angry Sean. Chill, dude. He stalked towards Sara, Nic and me. Sara quickly moved away, obviously frightened with this unknown side of him. He grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Nic. He pushed me behind him, his menacing eyes never leaves Nic's confused eyes.

"Who. Are. You." He rudely asked. What's his problem? Nic raised his eyebrows, oh no. I know the thing that Nic despises the most. It is when someone talks rudely to him. He will break the person's bones. Every single one of it. Once, some new guy transferred to Nic's and my previous school; Nic accidentally bumped into his shoulder while we were talking and walking and that guy shouted at him. After that day, the poor guy had never came back to school. It was said that he got 21 broken bones and many, many severe injuries.

Weird that Nic didn't end up being in a cell? Well, it's because his father rules 80 percents of the companies in the USA. I know, I'm also proud of my bestie. Cough cough, second bestie.

Sean and Nic can't stop glaring at each other. I can clearly see Nic's knuckles turning white. Sean will probably break his teeth in any second.

"No one.. I said, NO ONE can be rude to me." Nic stated. Sean scoffed hearing that. He opened his mouth to say something but the ring beat him to it.

"OKAY! Time's up. Come on, come on. We need to go to class." Sara tried to loose the tension. I looked at her then at the people who are already gathering around us, some with their phones in their hands. I just realized we have caught so many attentions. So many. I started to feel sweats all over my hands and my forehead. My breathing has became unsteady. I hate attention.

My head is spinning. Everything is blurry. The voices of people around me are muffled.

"Chess!" I heard someone calling out my name, before the darkness consumed me completely.

***

Dun..dun...

A cliffhanger.

What do you think is wrong with Chess? I'd like to hear your opinions! Gimme some in the comments!

Until next time! Xo