9

"Chess.." Someone called out to me, but I ignored them.

"Chessy..." They called again, but I just kept on walking down the hall with my hands covering my ears.

"Brittney." Okay, that was unexpected. No one has ever called me by my middle name.

"CHESS BRITTNEY AGUILERA."

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT."

What? I was getting frustrated. I turned around, 180° to be exact, and there stood the stranger which I despise the most. Just kidding. I was just messing around with him back then when we were in the cafeteria, but he just keep fussing about it, making me shut my mouth up. It's amusing to see him suffer.

"Why are you mad?" Yup. He still has no idea of why I suddenly called off the done-being-friends thingy thing. It makes the show more dramatic and drastic, right? I love watching him suffer. He looks down at me--well literally because he is the one who is too tall (my ass)--with the most cute puppy eyes he could ever muster. I studied his face for a moment. Wow, his jawlines are sharp.

Okay back to the reality.

He is still looking down at me, waiting for an answer. While me, I just gave him my best smirk ever and turned around to continue my way out of the school which we'd like to call it- life's hell. I stood beside the stairs which lead to the front door of the main hall, waiting for my brother to fetch me. After a while, I decided to take my phone out from my pocket. Oh, I didn't notice that I've received a message from Charlie, like, 23 minutes ago.

Wait. Charlie? He has never messaged me before. Except for the important things (to him) like not telling mom that he's going to a club or he's skipping the meeting with the dentist or those kind of stuff. Uh. Oh. This might not be a good message, after all.

I tapped on the notification slowly. I pressed my lips nervously, please don't tell me that he is not picking me up. After a whole calming session, I finally mustered up my courage to read the text.

Charlie: Yo. I'm going to be with my friends right after my classes end. Please inform this to mom.

Yup. He's not picking me up. No, he actually forgot about me. Just. Great.

Now what do I do. Guess I'm gonna walk. But our house is a bit far. Wait, I will just call Sara. No, she will threaten me to come to a party with her afterwards. As I was thinking deeply, a tall figure suddenly covered me from the sunlight which has bothered me for, I don't know, 14 minutes?

I looked up to see the all mighty. I furrowed my eyebrows, what is he doing here? I looked around and saw that there are still many people who are walking around and leaving the school. I looked at him again, still furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm taking you home."

I stared at him for quite a moment, confused. And that was when it clicked. He's being nice to me. Maybe for a make up after what his dog has done to my adorable pinkish bicycle. Well, might as well take the offer. At least I won't feel that much guilty since he lives just across me. I nodded my head, "sure."

The journey to our home sweet home was a dead silence. We've already been in here for 5-6 minutes but he still hasn't said anything yet. Or am I exaggerating right now? I looked over to him, he's concentrating fully on the road in front of him. I reached over to the radio carefully, not wanting him to shout at me for doing things as I like. He already seems pissed off right now, I don't want to worsen it even more.

My index finger has successfully landed on the radio's tuner. I looked up at him once again to see any protestation, but there he is still, focusing on the road with a stern-looking face. I gulped, not sure if I should tune it or not. After some times--deciding it as if it is the most important thing in the whole wide world--he finally spoke up, "just tune it if you want to."

His voice was gentle but I could feel that he is holding something below his stomach. But I just shook that matter off and sighed, "took you long enough."

I tuned the radio on and like how fate has planned for us both, Stitches by my husband Shawn Mendes was playing. I was literally yelping in excitement when something suddenly crossed my mind. "Hey." I called him out.

"Hm?" He responded and started to give his attention to me.

"Do you know that you guys' names almost sound alike? Shawn. Sean. Shawn. Sean."

"Wait. You didn't like him because of his name?" He looked at me shocked. Why would I like Shawn because of his name? Shawn. Hm, it sounds ordinary. I looked at him confused. "Damn. So I was just getting full of myself all these times." He whispered to himself and sighed.

Not caring about his silly mind, I continued to sing along with my husband's song. After 6 minutes or so, we've reached our homes.

"Thank you."

"No problem.." He told me, I smiled and made my way to my house, "..and oh." then turned back around to face him.

"Sorry about Willy." Willy is his dog's name.

"I told you it was fineeeee..." I assured him lazily. "See you tomorrow." I bid him a farewell and went to my house.

I can't wait till Charlie gets home.

I'm going to fight him.

And I'm going to win.

For sure.

***

Heyyyyzzzz. I'm going to stop writing for a few days because the exams are still on going until next wednesday, I think. See you later.

Until next time! Xo