Part I_4

4th of February 2014

Today was my second day back in school and it was worse that expected. I wanted to write yesterday, but then I thought I'll give it another try, maybe the second day will be better. Boy, was I wrong.

Never before have I been so glad about the ringing of the school bell signalling the end of classes. And never before have I been so popular, but the bad kind of popular. People I have never talked to before were pointing at me and whispering to one another when I passed them in the hallway. During class notes were passed around to me, showing various drawings of me either pretending to be a chair, turning into a seal or simply going crazy in any way possible. And whenever I entered a room, everyone quickly turned away and avoided eye contact, as if they were scared of provoking me, like I would turn into a werewolf or something similar.

But the worst part were the teachers. The pitying looks they pass me when handing out assignments, their attempts at an encouraging smile when they see me outside the classrooms and the fact that they never criticise me and ignore even my most obvious mistakes (not that I was testing them), as if getting an A+ might cheer me up. It was my mother's death all over again, but worse. And all I really wanted was for them to treat me normally, for anyone to treat me normally.
The only positive development these two days brought was Nick acting more like his old self again. He was talking to me, smiling at me and looking me in the eyes and occasionally he even made a joke.

Both he and Saki kept telling me that it was only a matter of days until they would get bored of these jokes and everything would be normal again.

But I don't think that this will pass as quickly as, for example, Craig's firework-incident. I feel like this time they have a lot more jokes up their sleeve. It's a broad field for them to experiment in and I can already tell that it's not getting any better.

Yours,
Cassie

Ocean full of SecretsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara