Chapter 26: The Adge Winery!

"I think it'll be so much fun once we get our own cow! I can get to pet it a lot!"

"Haha... let's not get ahead of ourselves, Claire."

After their visits to the PoPoultry Farm and the Yodel Ranch, two farms dedicated to tending to livestock, the two farmers continued with their exploration through Mineral Town. Naturally, they continued on the same path that took them from the chicken farm to the ranch. A wooden sign stood at the corner of the road.

"I vaguely remember reading this..." Pete walked up to the sign which read:

↑ Rose Plaza

← Southside

"Rose Plaza...?" Pete observed the names, then looked to the north. That would be...

"Ah, is that what that place is called?" Claire drew a finger to her chin. "Rose Plaza?"

"Apparently, yes." He hummed, turning to her. "I assumed you went through the plaza to get to the farm like I did?"

"The only way from the beach!" She nodded and stroked her chin. "I recall it being a very... empty area."

"Maybe there are other paths in the plaza." He began walking forward. "Let's check it out."

The two farmers moved up north, entering a seemingly vacant area known as the Rose Plaza. As they stepped into the expansive square area, their eyes immediately caught the intricate pattern of stars etched into the tiles beneath their feet. The sound of their footsteps echoed through the square, accompanied by the occasional chirping of birds high above.

"Wow... it looks so empty," Pete remarked as they ventured to the center. The tile design looks pretty, though.

"Now that I'm looking around, it's a pretty wide plaza!" Claire scanned around the plaza as far as her eyes could see. Nothing in sight aside from the bushes, flowers, and lamp posts that lined the perimeter. The absence of anything stood out to them as if it was waiting for something to happen.

"So that's the Mineral Beach, I believe." Pete pointed at the east side of the plaza.

Another path was visible on the north side which Claire pointed to. "Oh, where does that lead to?"

"I'd guess it links back to the town!" Pete patted her shoulder. "Let's explore that next and find out."

As they approached the newly discovered path, there stood a wooden board just to the left of it. Several papers stuck to it that caught the two farmers's attention. What were they about?

"Oh, I guess this plaza isn't completely empty!" Claire said, moving to the board. "I wonder what this could be."

Tilting his head, Pete quickly skimmed the contents of the board from a distance. "It seems like... an announcement board?" One of the announcements had pictures of horses running with the title on top being Spring Derby!

"Ah, I get it now!" Claire placed a fist on top of her palm and turned to Pete. "I think festivals are held here! It says here the Spring Derby is coming up on Spring 18th."

"Oh, is that right?" Pete crossed his arms, finding the festival's date interesting. Quite the day for it to fall on. "A horse racing festival... so we can expect the plaza to get real festive and colorful later, eh?"

"I think so too!" Claire nodded. With the Rose Plaza being very vast, it made sense that festivals would be held here. The plaza may not breathe life on most days, but it will be lively on the days it matters the most. The Spring Derby... I'll be looking forward to that!