Chapter 11: Breakfast at the Inn!

After the mystical incident at the hot springs, Pete and Claire walked back to their house so Claire could put her clothes away. She changed into her signature outfit: blue overalls with her favorite flannel shirt. They then walked through the northern exit to head into town.

Brick roads of red shades lined the path forward. Pete eyed the front path. There was another path heading to the right.

"The inn should be north of here."

"I remember taking this path to get the farm." Claire motioned to the Southside (east of where they stood.) She recalled there being two ranches along the path. I think that's where we get animals...?

"Same here." Pete proceeded to the north with Claire following behind. There was a wooden sign that showed they were heading into the Northside area.

After walking for a while, Pete saw another path to the right which would lead to the central Northside. "It should be nearby here."

Claire fell into step beside him. They walked past a house, a cellar, and several trees in a small field. Are those grape vines? A sign in front of the house read Adge Winery. The logo on the top of it showed imagery of three bottles with a grape on each side. Do they sell wine here...?

Pete stopped in front of an entrance. There was a blackboard attached to a wooden sign. Something's written in chalk here. It read Inn... oh! "I think this is the place?"

"Oh, it's not as far as I thought." Claire looked around. Barrels and yellow flowers stood in front of the building. Two pictures of a barrel and a suitcase could be seen above on a hanging sign. This is where I might have stayed if things turned out differently...

"Let's head inside." Pete and Claire walked to the entrance and gently pushed the doors open. Her eyes darted around. Neat wooden tiles fitted the floor; the walls had an orange blocky wallpaper. Ooh, this looks lovely! Acoustic music played in the background, giving the inn a calm and friendly atmosphere.

"Welcome!" A cheery voice greeted them.

"Huh?" Pete and Claire turned to the voice. They saw two people standing in the distance: an elder man and a young girl. What they shared in common was their orange hair and blue eyes.

"Oh, it's the newcomers that took over that farm!" The girl's eyes lit up. She bobbed her head, the white ribbon on her hair bouncing with her. "I thought for sure you were guests! What're your names?"

Pete and Claire looked at each other, then looked back at the cheerful girl.

Pete leaned into her ear and whispered. "Do they already know us?"

"I have a feeling Mayor Thomas had something to do with this..." Claire whispered back.

Right. He turned to the cheerful girl and introduced himself. "My name is Pete."

"And I'm Claire!" She smiled. "That's right. We recently took over the farm."

"Pete and Claire! I'm Ran! Nice to meet you!" She grinned, waving at the newcomers. "And this is my dad!"

 "And this is my dad!"