Chapter 13: The General Store!

After leaving the inn, Pete and Claire made their way to the supermarket. It was north of the inn's location. They had to follow the path and turn left.

"This must be the place," Pete said, standing in front of the entrance. The building had a simple brown exterior design with blue roofs. A black sign with drawings of a shopping bag and plants was planted on the roof. Its green door stood out.

"The General Store..." Claire read the sign in front of it. It listed the store's opening hours. "Is this the supermarket you were referring to?"

"I guess it had its name changed or something." Pete briefly raised his shoulders. He slowly pushed through the entrance with her.

"Welcome!" A polite voice greeted them. "We've got some new–... oh?"

Pete and Claire stared at the girl who greeted them. The girl approached them to get a better look at their appearances. Her eyes widened in surprise.

 Her eyes widened in surprise

"... Hello there!" The girl's posture relaxed as she studied Pete. "A friend was just telling me how somebody moved into that old farmhouse. So that's you, huh?" Her eyes drifted to the girl beside Pete. Who is... that girl? Was there another new resident?

"Oh, that's us." He waved a palm. "I'm Pete."

"And I'm Claire!" She greeted the girl back.

There are two new farmers...? The girl was surprised to find not one, but two people moved into the farm. Are they a couple...?

"You're Pete and Claire?" The woman approached them and drew her hand on her chest. "Got it. I'm Karen. The pleasure's all mine."

"Nice to meet you, Karen." Pete and Claire offered warm smiles. Compared to Ran, her energy seems more reserved.

"Have you two come to do a little shopping?" Karen asked to which Pete nodded. Claire simply followed him as he hasn't told her why yet.

"All right, then." Karen stepped to the side. "Please take your time."

"Will do." Pete tugged Claire's sleeve and they walked to the front. Claire scanned the store's interior. Wooden tiles lined the floor. The walls had a green-and-white striped pattern. Tables with various items were placed on the right and left sides of the room. The left side had cooking and food ingredients. The right side only had a basket. In the center was a much bigger table with many packets.

Pete stood in front of this table. His eyes looked over the packets. Packets were sorted by their color. Each color corresponded to an image of a vegetable. Huh, interesting...

Oh, what's this...? Claire grabbed a random packet and bounced it on her hand, rustling its contents. What's inside?

"Finding what you need?" Karen stood beside Pete. "If you're having trouble, just let me know."